Discover the latest events from SecsintheCity and our trusted partners. Unearth the latest insights and trends from the business support profession, providing opportunities for networking and development.
Our events and partnership ventures range from collaborative exposés to prestigious awards, bringing together PAs, EAs, and other business support professionals.
PA Show | ExCeL, London | 28th-29th February 2024
Registration for The PA Show, taking place on 28-29 February 2024 at ExCeL London, is officially open! Be part of the UK's premier event dedicated to PAs, EAs, VAs, and Office Managers.
Why You Should Attend:
• 80+ Live Content Sessions: Engage in a diverse range of topics tailored for your personal and professional development.
• 70+ Exhibitors: Discover new suppliers and innovative products to enhance your role.
• Unmatched Networking Opportunities: Connect with thousands of professionals from the executive support community.
What You Can Expect:
• Keynote Theatres: Featuring industry-leading speakers with insights that will revolutionize your work.
• CPD-Accredited Program: Enhance your skills and knowledge with our comprehensive conference programme.
• Exclusive VIP Experience: Enjoy a premium event experience with additional benefits and luxury comforts.
Register Now for an Unforgettable Experience: Don’t miss this opportunity to invest in your career, network with peers, and explore the latest trends in the industry.
At SecsintheCity, we are proud to champion Personal Assistants, Executive Assistants, Office Managers and all business support professionals. We have just completed our 12th annual PA of the Year Awards, a celebration of the essential support provided by those in PA jobs and EA jobs to the businesses and individuals they work for. If you’re a PA, EA, Legal PA, or Office Manager, you could be the winner of one of these momentous accolades.
Nominations are now closed - stay tuned for 2024 announcements.
Congratulations to our winners:
• PA of the Year - Jody Beard, EA to the Managing Director of Visionary Finance
• Legal PA of the Year - Lauren Sweeney, Legal PA and Team Leader at Eversheds Sutherland
• Office Manager of the Year - Caroline Rees Williams, Operations Manager at The Valesco Group
• Outstanding Achievement Award - Victoria Gaston, Executive Assistant to Nick Gordon at NGJG Holdings
Read their stories on our dedicated PA of the Year page.
On-Demand Webinar: How to Feel Confident in Your Job Search as a Disabled Candidate
The recruitment process for candidates with a disability or long-term health condition can be difficult. You may often face additional barriers when looking for work like being unsure when to discuss personal matters with a prospective employer or hiring manager.
Get valuable insights and advice on what support is available to you when job hunting as a disabled candidate. Watch the recording of our disability confidence webinar, delivered by Jane Hatton from Evenbreak, a specialist job board and platform that offers free and accessible employment support for disabled candidates.
In this webinar we cover:
• Why disabled candidates are considered premium candidates
• How to identify truly inclusive employers
• How disabled candidates can shine in the recruitment process
• What employers and recruiters need to know about disabled candidates
• What support is available to inclusive employers and disabled candidates
Administrative Leaders Network | Virtual Training and Networking
Executive Support Magazine are launching their Administrative Leaders Network - a free hub designed exclusively for individuals who are leading or considering the creation of an internal assistant network or administrative team.
After engaging with administrative professionals across the globe, it’s evident that there’s a growing need for a platform that fosters best practice sharing and collaboration between our leaders. That’s where their new network comes in.
• Resources: Access a treasure trove of valuable resources tailored to your needs.
• Training: Elevate your skills through targeted training sessions.
• Collaboration: Learn best practices and share knowledge with your peers from across the world
• Networking: Connect with like-minded peers and forge lasting professional relationships.
Modern Day Assistant | London | 6th - 7th December 2023
Sign up for ground-breaking training, with Lucy Brazier OBE, as she looks at the role of an Assistant – past, present and future, explaining why it has developed how it has. Lucy explores the opportunities this creates for you to become a true business partner to your executive, including developing the partnership, establishing the ground rules, communicating, adapting to their style and maintaining a great partnership.
Become a stronger, more effective, and influential Assistant. Learn how you can add value to your executive and your business. Master the art of managing more than one executive. This two day training offers a wealth on insider expert knowledge, with a myriad of benefits to further your assistant career.
Enhance your skills and stay at the forefront of your career. Join Global PA on the 7th December.
We invite you to join us for a day of inspirational and focused learning, dedicated to the EA and PA profession.
The focus of this masterclass is staying visible and relevant in the 'new normal business world', advancing your skillset to increase your value in the workplace.
The masterclass will enable learners to build a stronger working partnership with their executives and teams.
• Managing Digital Transformation - What are the Skills that Employees are looking for in the future? Adapt to new software systems and Al
• The App Library - Which App for What?
• The Executive Assistant role in the 'New Normal Workplace'
• Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace. You will learn the key components of El to handle difficult situations and acquire skills to increase your effectiveness when dealing with others
• Develop your Problem-Solving and critical thinking skills using the Six Thinking Hats Methodology
• Executive Assistant Performance Management - build your Credibility & Professionalism
• Enable your Professional Growth and self-awareness of your Strengths and Capabilities
• Understanding What is Change Management
£375 + VAT for Members and £425 + VAT for non-members.
09:30 - 16:30
THURSDAY 7th DECEMBER 2023
Grand Connaught Rooms, Great Queen St, Covent Garden, London, WC2