Legal Business Development Manager - Dynamic Law Firm
- Full Time
This progressive law firm have undergone rapid growth in the last couple of years and have now identified the need to source a Practice/Business Development Manager to help them with both business development opportunities and the administration attached to client resourcing and handling of new caseloads.
The Practice/ Business Development Manager will work alongside along Partners, Counsel and Associates to coordinate and monitor work streams on potential and active cases and to help to build business across the firm. This will also include providing assistance with work allocation across the spectrum of legal staff.
This new role will :-
- Report principally to the 2 Heads of Department in assisting them to manage the practice & build business.
- Build and maintain strong and trusted relationships across the teams/departments as well as key stakeholders
- Allow Heads of Department to manage & allocate resource, collect & interpret financial information, report to stakeholders in the business, pursue business development initiatives, and manage the teams.
- Help those teams to develop new cases, in terms of recording defined objectives, deadlines, and action points, then to ensure that those action points are delivered.
- Monitoring progress against objectives and reporting regularly to responsible partners.
- Helping to coordinate the onboarding of new clients.
- Provide a constant, holistic view of activity and capacity across the relevant teams
- Help align associates' interests, objectives and career development to new matters, wherever possible whilst ensuring client needs are met
- Support development partners and practice group leaders by identifying skills gaps, areas of development, performance and utilisation issues, via informal feedback channels
- Responsible for tracking and challenging discrepancies in forecasted activity verses recorded time
- Manage conflicts and disputes related to resource allocation
- Provide regular accurate meaningful management information and data to the group to enable informed decision-making including recommendations on resourcing
- Share knowledge and contribute to performance and talent mapping discussions
Previous relevant experience is required within a City law firm environment but our client promises total flexibility and creativity within the role so this is one that can grow organically with the right person. Candidates must have a background in co-ordinating teams and be excellent with business development ideas and project management.
Please in the first instance send CV for an initial chat with our team.