Salary: Dependent on experience
Contract: 6-month fixed-term contract (with the potential to be made permanent for the right candidate)
Working pattern: Monday to Friday, 9.30 to 17.30
Start date: ASAP
Location: Marylebone, London
Closing date: Ongoing, we will close the advert once the role has been filled
It’s a hugely exciting time here at RDSC – come and join us!
The role of Office Manager is crucial to the business. Acting as a central point of contact, you will lead and support the everyday operations of the team and the office and pro-actively pitch in whenever necessary to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
You’ll be responsible for
- Managing internal staff relations/communication
- Ensuring the office spaces (meeting rooms and kitchen) are tidy and presentable, preparing rooms for meetings (including connectivity i.e. setting up video/conference calls where needed, casting presentations onto TV screens)
- Managing IT issues and requests. Trouble shooting and seeking to resolve IT/work equipment issues in the first instance. Escalating to our outsourced IT support team if required
- Booking meeting rooms and ordering lunches
- Maintaining stock and ordering office and kitchen supplies, including ordering equipment to enable office and home working
- Championing compliance with health and safety regulations within the office. Reviewing and implementing policies and procedures on an ongoing basis, including conducting risk assessments and weekly fire alarm tests. In relation to COVID-19 outbreak (as and when required):
- Timely communication to the team (in-person and/or remotely)
- Pro-active adjustments to the office and processes (inc. layout, health and safety)
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest Government guidance
- Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with suppliers. Managing all associated budgets and negotiating contracts (including recommendation of suppliers or service providers when required)
- Booking in and overseeing repair work when necessary (on occasion this may need to take place over a weekend)
- Maintaining exercise class timetables and reviewing the team’s satisfaction periodically, communicating feedback to instructors
- Organising staff activities, maintaining staff birthdays and other celebrations
- Onboarding of staff (organising workstations, work equipment and log ins, new joiner welcome packs)
- Offboarding of staff (ensuring all equipment is returned and all systems access are deactivated)
- Ordering and issuing staff mobile phones, including maintaining allowances and organising upgrades when necessary
- Management of office phone and conferencing systems
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems
- Planning and implementing office/desk moves
- Handling customer complaints
- Management of office support staff, and interns as and when required, including supporting the recruitment process
- Reading and replying to fan mail
- Arranging travel and accommodation for staff when required
- Main person responsible for reception duties (including answering the door, taking incoming calls) – other team members will help out during busy periods
- Main person responsible for handling inbound/supplies and coordinating outbound post – other team members will help out during busy periods
- Assisting the Finance Assistant with handling stock of Roald Dahl merchandise as required
- Providing ad hoc support (inc. administrative) to the team when required (in person and/or remotely)
- Such other duties and responsibilities as we may notify you of from time to time.
Your skills and experience
The successful candidate for this role will:
- Have at least 2 years’ office management experience
- Have strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise, and manage expectations of all stakeholders effectively
- Have strong use of initiative and the ability to problem solve
- Have strong experience of building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Be extremely reliable and have the ability to be discreet as on occasion you will be handling confidential information
- Be hardworking and proactive with a positive can-do attitude
- Hold strong communication skills (verbal and written) and attention to detail
- Be confident with multi-tasking and working to tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills including troubleshooting issues, confident using the Microsoft Office suite and Apple hardware as well as office technology (including sharing presentations to TV screens)
- Hold strong budgeting skills
- Be willing to continue developing and take on more responsibilities
- Adaptability, willing to work from the office as often as necessary, according to team/business needs
Why join us?
We really care for our team – from four instructor led weekly exercise classes (yoga and HIIT) to rolling out flexi-time to further encourage a positive work/life balance for all. We’ve also put a lot of thought into creating the perfect office environment and culture for everyone to enjoy, including a kitchen stocked with an assortment of refreshments, and an on-site shower complete with towels and toiletries.
The Office Manager will also benefit from our workplace pension scheme, 28 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro-rated accordingly) and company social events.
Love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda and The BFG? How about some of Dahl’s darker tales for adults? So do we!
At The Roald Dahl Story Company, we have big ambitions to turn the world’s favourite stories into the best films, tv, and innovative publishing content in the market – and with a set of partners ranging from Netflix and Disney to Penguin Random House and The Royal Shakespeare Company - we’re well on the way. Far from a traditional literary estate – the company is a collection of creative, brand building and commercial brains from a range of backgrounds aiming to deliver the best, and most innovative Roald Dahl inspired products and experiences to the market.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to send your CV and covering letter summarising why you are interested in this role and how you meet the requirements within the person specification to our HR team at your earliest convenience.
The Roald Dahl Story Company is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We kindly ask for applicants to complete our equal opportunities monitoring questionnaire as part of their application. The information that you provide will not be used to influence our recruitment decisions. Please notify us if you require any adjustments in order for you to be able to complete the application and/or interview process.
Take a look at our privacy notice for details regarding how your personal data will be handled for the purpose of recruitment and selection.
Apply for Office Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
Not what you're looking for? Get headhunted for relevant jobs.
Upload your CV
More searches like this
Not what you're looking for? Get headhunted for relevant jobs.