PROPERTY MANAGER - JAMAICA
An exceptional private estate in Portland, Jamaica consisting of 6 acres, three houses, an oceanfront studio and various staff and service buildings. Used to host guests for holiday stays (total 14 bedrooms) and occasional events, our client is seeking a Property Manager to lead the team, to ensure the good stewardship of the property and owning company and to oversee projects to make steady improvements to the property over time. The team consists of roughly 18 employees and regular contractors. There are plans to make various infrastructure improvements to the property over a number of years. It is expected that the property will be occupied by guests for 2-4 months of the year, during which time the priority will be the enjoyment of their stay. At other times the focus will be on maintenance and improvements to the property. Regular presence at the property (2-3 days per week) will be essential to the role. Regular overnight accommodation can be provided for a manager who does not live locally.
Hours: Full Time
Location: Portland, Jamaica
Salary: Package negotiable subject to experience
Start Date: ASAP
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Take good care to ensure the proper stewardship of the property and owning company so that the owners’ interests are protected, notably by ensuring that:
- The property is maintained and equipped so that it is safe for employees, visiting contractors, guests and third parties.
- Ensuring that the property is secure and protected from intruders, including managing access to the property.
- Ensuring that the property is suitably equipped with measures to protect it from fire and hurricane damage.
- Adequate insurance is maintained for the property itself as well liability insurance in respect of employees, contractors, guests and other third parties.
- Laws, other statutory requirements or government demands (including but not limited to taxation, environmental, employment law, licencing, safety) are complied with or exceeded.
- Work with the trustees’ appointed representative to create the management structure, annual operating and capital expenditure budgets and to ensure that the property is managed in accordance with these plans.
- Recruit permanent and temporary team members to fill vacancies as required.
- Manage property teams (groundskeeping, housekeeping, beach, security & maintenance) so that they fulfil their duties properly, any performance issues are resolved and they receive any training they may need to do fulfil their roles
- Manage employees’ annual leave, sick leave, overtime approval and recording, rostering and approve monthly payroll runs
- Create and oversee delivery of a regular, year-round programme of maintenance and checks to ensure that all aspects of the property are well-maintained and that any deterioration or breakdowns are identified and addressed in timely fashion.
- Manage contractors delivering services to the property/company and ensure they are fulfilling their obligations– including but not limited to accounting, security, maintenance and landscaping.
- Ensure that the property is maintained at all times, any problems are identified as early as reasonably possible and resolved, either by the regular team or retained contractors where possible or by contacting contractors for quotations (and comparison quotations for significant items) before appointing and overseeing the successful performance of approved work, settling invoices and reporting costs.
- Investigate and fulfil (if approved) requests to make improvements to the property (modernizing or improving existing facilities, adding new facilities or reducing/improving the environmental impact of the property) by:
- Researching options and potential suppliers
- Getting and checking quotations to ensure value for money
- Submitting proposals/quotations to the trustees for approval
- Commissioning works as agreed by the trustees
- Planning and monitoring work (financially and operationally) or liaising with the Project
- Manager for more substantial projects
- Overseeing all procurement for the property from sourcing locally and overseas, ordering, payments, delivery and installation.
- Reviewing all requests to incur expenditure before approving where appropriate, approving
- payments, identifying and addressing areas of wastage/inefficiency and monitoring actual expenditure versus budgeted.
- Report as directed (monthly, quarterly or annually) on progress of projects, performance of team members and contractors, on financial performance vs agreed budgets and on external factors affecting the property and company.
- Arrange procurement, delivery and installation of equipment.
- Support the Front of House Manager in preparing the property for guest stays and delivering all aspects of service required for guests stays at the property from F&B to housekeeping, entertainment, arranging events, arrivals and departures; addressing any problems or issues that may arise during guest stays.
- Ensure that good relations are maintained with the local community.
- Any other tasks required to ensure the overall security, state of repair and expenditure at the property is appropriately maintained.
Candidates must be / have:
- Strong practical skills and understanding related to property management such as gardening, construction, plumbing, electrics, heating & cooling.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Close attention to detail and high standards of finishing
- Thorough, methodical organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to engage with employees, contractors and suppliers to ensure they are motivated and clear what is required.
- Willingness to take responsibility, solve problems, work long hours and demonstrate a hands-on approach in order to ensure high quality results and to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with budgets and accounts and the ability to match these to operational delivery.
We receive a considerable amount of applications for every position and there is tough competition in the employment market. In order to process your application as efficiently as possible, please note the following instructions when responding:
- Detail your relevant experience in a cover letter and include this on an up to date CV
- Quote your required salary
- Let us know your availability for interview and when you could start
- If you can forward references to us, these can only strengthen your application
The more information you can give us, the more we can demonstrate to the client that you are exactly what they are looking for and send your CV on quickly.
Apply for PROPERTY MANAGER - JAMAICA
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
Not what you're looking for? Get headhunted for relevant jobs.
Upload your CV
More searches like this
Not what you're looking for? Get headhunted for relevant jobs.