Personal Assistant - Information Technology
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
Provide a comprehensive level of administrative and organisational support to the Executives, ensuring they are fully supported to enable smooth and efficient running of the department.
- Extensive diary and agenda management across time zones
- Time keeping/checking for all meetings ensuring the Executives run to time
- Providing background information on all external and internal meetings, making sure the Executives are fully prepared for each meeting they attend
- Supporting production of presentations and papers
- Plan detailed and comprehensive travel itineraries
- Booking travel including flights, hotels, taxis for the Executives
- Assisting the wider team with ad-hoc administrative requests – e.g. travel (flight and hotel booking only)
- Processing the Executive’s expenses in line with company policy
- Raising purchase orders and paying invoices in line with company procedures
- Email highlighting and filtering
- Handling IT and maintenance queries
- General office administration including ordering of stationery
- Organising events at the request of the Executives (e.g. team meetings, global townhall meetings etc.)
- Respond to and declare any external invitation and speaking requests
- Running of ad-hoc errands
- Ensuring phones are answered politely, quickly and efficiently
- Opening and distribution of all post
- Partner/contact distribution list creation and ongoing management for communications both internally and externally
- Maintaining filing systems • Helping with occasional personal administration (20% of time)
- Highly computer literate, particularly in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience using Concur, Ariba, SAP preferred.
- Experience in using technology for meetings (VC, teleconference, skype, webex etc)
- Strong administrative and organisational skills with the ability to multi task
- Professionalism and a high degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to be very flexible and to re-prioritise near-term assignments
- Strong communication including excellent written and spoken English, interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm in a high pressure environment and prioritise
- Understanding and adherence to the Exec Admin processes and ways of working – filing, file naming conventions, cover and handover procedures
- Ability to work as a team, whilst demonstrating initiative and flexibility where necessary
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.