St Pauls, London
Our Projects Team is seeking a PA to support six fee earners (including two partners), based at our London office. This team forms part of our PREF Practice Group (Projects, Real Estate & Finance). This is a permanent position Monday – Friday 9.30am – 5.30pm.
You will be supporting a partner who specialises in the commercial and regulatory energy sector. This partner advises energy companies, regulators, governments and commercial customers on regulatory issues and projects, with a key focus on smart grid, power management and decentralised energy projects.
The other partner in the team specialises in project finance and acts for a wide range of clients, with a focus on the energy and infrastructure sectors. He has advised on a number of award-winning power projects (including wind, solar, hydro, conventional and energy from waste), infrastructure financings, oil and gas projects, refinery financings and mining transactions in multiple jurisdictions around the world.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 850 lawyers in over 25 locations around the world. We have a future focussed, collaborative approach to working that enables us to help clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow.
We consider our inclusive and approachable culture to be fundamental to our success. This was recognised at the Managing Partners Forum (MPF) Awards where we were awarded Best Corporate Culture 2019. In addition, Osborne Clarke ranks in the top five of RollOnFriday’s independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for its friendly culture and management. The firm was recognised as Bristol Law Society’s Law Firm of the Year in December 2018 and commended for its work at the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards in 2017 and 2018.
- Proactively manage mailboxes in terms of diary commitments and meeting room requirements; provide conference dial-in/Skype for Business/VC details where necessary; book appropriate venues for client lunches, dinners and drinks receptions
- Play an active role in managing and taking responsibility for the billing process, work closely with the matter managers and our finance team; track specific billing arrangements; prepare weekly WIP reports, billing status and client reports
- Amend legal documentation demonstrating excellent Word/formatting skills; draft correspondence and communications
- Support the team with all Business Development initiatives/marketing events suggested by the team
- Draft, amend and finalise PowerPoint slides for speaking presentations and Pitch documents
- Undertake administrative tasks including: the organisation of all travel arrangements; complete expense reclaim forms; file management (filing, closing and arranging offsite storage of files)
- Deal with enquiries from clients, colleagues and third parties in a prompt and professional manner, providing an effective transfer of information
- Develop strong working relationships with staff and key clients in our UK and international offices, ensuring open and proactive communications at all times
- Troubleshoot IT issues and escalate to IT ServiceDesk if necessary
- Provide support within the team (covering for the other PA's absences as and when required)
- Role model a 'can-do', positive work ethic; being decisive, responsible, and taking ownership of issues that arise
- Proactively identify opportunities, actively contribute and be involved in ad-hoc projects as given by the team.
- Demonstrate a proactive and positive attitude, taking ownership of tasks and managing your own workload
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work under pressure and remain calm and friendly even in a crisis
- Have strong IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Be exceptionally organised and someone who can work flexibly, with the ability to manage change
- Always work with confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.