near St Paul's, London
Our Construction and Commercial Disputes team are seeking a Junior PA to join them in a new position due to team expansion. This is a full-time permanent role with working hours of 09:30-17:30 based at our London office.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 850 lawyers in over 25 locations around the world. We have a future focussed, collaborative approach to working that enables us to help clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow.
We consider our inclusive and approachable culture to be fundamental to our success. This was recognised at the Managing Partners Forum (MPF) Awards where we were awarded Best Corporate Culture 2019. In addition, Osborne Clarke ranks in the top five of RollOnFriday’s independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for its friendly culture and management. The firm was recognised as Bristol Law Society’s Law Firm of the Year in December 2018 and commended for its work at the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards in 2017 and 2018.
The Construction team advise on major projects around the world and across a wide array of industries. They also specialise in international and domestic disputes, including arbitration, court proceedings, mediation and adjudication. The Commercial Disputes team specialise in financial services regulatory investigations and banking and financial markets litigation, as well as large-scale international disputes (enforcement cases and cartel damages claims).
- Proactively manage diaries, liaising with clients where needed and booking meeting rooms
- Provide conference dial-in/Skype for Business/Video conference details
- Book appropriate venues for client lunches, dinners and drinks receptions
- Assist with the file opening and CDD(Client Due Diligence) process; set up new matters, draft engagement letters
- Play an active role in managing and taking responsibility for the billing process, work closely with the matter managers and our finance team; track specific billing arrangements, financial reports, billing status and client reports
- Draft correspondence and communications; amend and type up legal documentation
- Undertake administrative tasks including: the organisation of all travel arrangements; completion of expense reclaim forms; preparing Court bundles; renewing/arranging memberships to various organisations; file management (filing, closing and arranging offsite storage of files)
- Support the team with all Business Development initiatives/marketing events suggested by the team; undertake research in relation to potential international clients/projects
- Draft, amend and finalise PowerPoint slides and Pitch documents
- Deal with enquiries from clients, colleagues and third parties in a prompt and professional manner, providing an effective transfer of information
- Develop strong working relationships with staff and key clients in our UK and international offices, ensuring open and proactive communications at all times
- Distribute post and organise stationery for the team area
- Troubleshoot IT issues and escalate to IT ServiceDesk if necessary
- Provide support within the team (covering for other PA absences)
- Proactively identify opportunities, actively contribute and be involved in ad-hoc projects as given by the team
- Demonstrate a proactive and positive attitude, taking ownership of tasks and managing your own workload
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work under pressure and remain calm and friendly even in a crisis
- Have strong IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Be exceptionally organised and someone who can work flexibly, with the ability to manage change
- Always work with confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.