Boardrooms Receptionist - Part-time
We are looking for a professional and self-motivated individual to join our London team as a Boardrooms Receptionist.
Osborne Clarke is recognised as one of the UK's most forward-thinking law firms. Our success is down to excellence in our approach to our clients, our people and our business. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent in a fast growing and exciting environment.
With a growing international reach, particularly in Europe but also across Asia and the US, we look after a wide range of commercial clients such as Facebook and Vodafone, as well as entrepreneurs and digital start-ups.
Our focussed strategy and positive working environment have been rewarded by many prestigious awards for career progression, management and culture, including being named Roll on Friday's 'Firm of the year' 2018.
The main purpose of this role is to deliver exceptional support across reception, boardroom, events and switchboard services for all internal and external clients. This role involves rotating between two services: meet and greet services including managing our visitors' experience; and back office services including managing all administrative duties.
Your working pattern will be based on 22.5 hours per week, Monday, Thursday and Friday covering shifts between 7.30am – 8.00pm.
- To ensure the delivery of back office and meet and greet duties during your operational hours
- Provide professional support to OC and Business Services so that our clients receive consistently excellent services
- To assist in the delivery of the firm's events held in our London office
- To help in the provision of monthly management information
- Ad –hoc requests and/or wider departmental projects
- Promote a culture of mutual understanding through effective communication within OC
- Contribute to the continuous review and improvement of processes
Meet and Greet:
- Main point of contact for all 6th floor facilities, welcome all visitors to the office and ensure all our visitor's needs and expectations are being met and exceeded at all times
- Informing the relevant OC host / PA upon visitor arrival and managing their introduction/handover
- Liaising with key departments to ensure OC's client experience is impeccable at all times (e.g. back office, cleaning team, wider catering team, IT, events, document production, facilities, boardrooms in UK and Europe)
- Daily operations of the boardrooms including regular room and equipment checks (e.g. stationery stock, cleanliness, coffee machine switched on, etc.), setting up and testing AV equipment (e.g. video conferencing) ahead of OC visitor's arrival.
Back office main duties:
- Manage departmental inbox including room bookings requests, hospitality and AV requests
- Concierge services including booking taxis on behalf of OC employees
- Answering and forwarding phone calls coming in to the OC switchboard and transferring phone calls to the right department / member of staff and taking messages
- Liaising with ground floor reception regarding last minute visitors
- Ensure all reading material on display in designated areas are up to date and ordering marketing material when necessary
- Liaising with facilities re. OC staff passes.
London events programme:
- Assist in the delivery of the firm's events held in our London office
- Support the events team with the meet and greet, badge preparation, rooms set up and administration for on and off site events as and when required
- Actively manage own personal training and development, identifying any suitable development opportunities
- Any other duties (or project work) that may be required to ensure the efficient operation of the London (or UK) reception/boardrooms/ switchboard services
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, highly professional attitude at all times, flexible, enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, team player with a "hands-on" approach
- An acute attention to detail and the ability to interact with people at all levels
- Customer service orientated with clear, confident communication skills
- Maintain and practise a high degree of confidentiality and integrity at all times
- Previous experience of working in a similar corporate environment and/or luxury hotel background
- Previous experience working with meeting room booking/switchboard
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.