LONDON/LA HEAD OF FACILITIES ROLE TO THE FASTEST GROWING SPORTS TECH CO, £75/£80K
HEAD OF FACILITIES MOVING TO FACILITIES DIRECTOR TO ONE OF THE FASTEST GROWING SPORTS GLOBAL COMPANIES BASED IN LONDON, £75K-£80K
Headquartered in London and with a presence in more than 15 locations worldwide, my client is recognised as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. They are a global leader in providing innovative and data-driven solutions to Sports, Media and the Gaming markets.
As a company at the cutting-edge of Sports Technology, this exciting and highly varied Global Head of Facilities role with 4 direct reports (Facilities and Operations Managers in charge of the AMER and EMEA region) from LA to Europe, offers a highly varied scope of work on a range of exciting projects as well as managing the running of the London HQ, to ensuring its smooth running and legislative and WH&S compliance. stimulating, collaborative and fun working environment. We also recognise that career development for our talented employees is core to our success and support their careers with the best training and guidance possible.
You would report to the Operations Director who requires a talented and enthusiastic individual who is prepared to take on the challenge of managing Group FM in exchange for exciting growth opportunities. The role suits someone who relishes the opportunity of being at the heart of a fast paced and high growth business. You will work on a variety of tasks that require you to be proactive, resourceful and highly organised. You must be capable of working with minimal direction and in a high pressure entrepreneurial environment.
You will manage the Facilities Service Desk and timely completion of work requests to ensure minimal disruption to employees, suppliers and Senior Management in each location. You will be trusted to make decisions on many aspects of managing a global property portfolio and a great number of internal business processes, therefore common sense, initiative and sound judgement are important traits. You must be able to demonstrate relevant experience in order to be considered for this position:
- Ensure the smooth-running of the London operation and manage and mentor the local Office Support staff.
- Assist with project management of a relocation and set-up of the imminent new premises.
- Investigate and document all processes involved with ensuring the Group’s operation’s functionality. Assess the current responsibilities and team structure and make recommendations for an efficient set-up going forward.
- Contribute to the designing and executing the Group Business Continuity strategy and site and organizational programmes. Facilitate and support the execution of the plans at the time of a BC invocation and support testing programmes and dry runs. Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for Business Continuity (BC) Management.
- Own, develop and maintain the Group-wide BC Management programme including; development of tools, implementation of required systems, policy and process documentation and instructional guides.
- Plan and coordinate installations (e.g. telecommunications, satellites, HVAC, M&E etc.) and refurbishments. Project manage, supervise and coordinate the work of the relevant contractors.
- Plan best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising of current premises.
- Manage and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value.
- Using the local Office Support staff, direct, coordinate and plan essential services such as; reception, administration, security, events, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, exhibitions/tradeshows, waste disposal and recycling.
- Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement. Drive this through management of the Facilities Service Desk (work tracking).
- Ensure building(s) meet WH&S requirements and that facilities comply with relevant legislation. Keep abreast of new products, laws, regulations, etc., for the purpose of recommending purchases, contracts and maintaining compliance.
- Develop long and short range maintenance plans/programs (e.g. emergency response plans, energy management plans, annual budgets etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that Group resources are effectively utilised.
- Monitor budgets for assigned projects, ensure expenses are within limits and that financial practices are followed.
- Provide required Facilities preparation for events. Work with the Marketing team to assist with project planning and construction of large-scale conference/exhibition stands or other recruitment or client event logistics.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
· Well-versed in technical/engineering operations or FM best practices.
· BSc/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field preferred but not essential.
· Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) preferred but not essential.
· Experience in managing facilities across multiple jurisdictions preferred.
· Experience having rolled out a CAFM or work tracking system previously preferred but not essential.
· Experience of Business Continuity Management practices and protocols preferred, including in-depth knowledge of international BCM standards promoted by the BCI
· Industry certification in one or more of the following preferred but not essential;
· BCI, PMI, CCSA, CISA, CA, CCSP, ISC, ITIL.
· Due to the nature of the role, it is not strictly a typical 9am – 5pm position and there will be a requirement for a flexible amount of out-of-hours work so the need to be dynamic is important.
· Able to travel; potentially at short notice and for variable amounts of time overseas.
This is a stimulating, collaborative and fun working environment in a company that recognises the importance of career development for their talented employees as being core to their success and supports their careers with the best training and guidance possible.
INTERVIEWING NOW - 1/3 month notice period allowed for
Apply for LONDON/LA HEAD OF FACILITIES ROLE TO THE FASTEST GROWING SPORTS TECH CO, £75/£80K
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
Not what you're looking for? Get headhunted for relevant jobs.
Upload your CV
More searches like this
Not what you're looking for? Get headhunted for relevant jobs.