Client Knowledge Editor
We have an exciting opportunity for an editor / writer to provide high quality support to our Client Knowledge function. This is a new role, supporting the firm in producing, editing and distributing market-leading legal content.
The principal role of the Client Knowledge Editor will be to support Osborne Clarke's Client Knowledge function by:
- Editing legal content produced by Lawyers across the firm.
- Interviewing Lawyers and conducting research into legal and market issues, with a particular focus on Brexit.
- Writing engaging content on a range of legal, market and topical issues.
- Working with our Digital and Communications teams to optimise distribution through existing channels and explore new channels for distributing content.
This is a full-time role based in our Bristol office. It is initially available on a 12-month fixed term contract.
This role will be report to our Client Knowledge Lawyer, working also with Lawyers and Knowledge Lawyers across the firm . You will also work closely with our Sales & Marketing team.
Technical skills and experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) degree.
- Excellent written skills, with experience editing and writing copy for external publications.
- Excellent oral communication and skills. Experience of carrying out interviews would be an advantage.
- Ability to understand and represent Osborne Clarke's style and tone of voice.
- Ability to understand complex legal and business issues and convey them clearly to lawyer or non-lawyer audiences.
- Understanding of how to use social media and other digital channels effectively to share messages and gather knowledge.
- Ability to research and analyse areas of law and regulation and to identify the key commercial issues for Osborne Clarke's clients and key practice points for our lawyers.
- Excellent IT skills, including across Word, Powerpoint and other relevant common enterprise tools, and an aptitude for working with new technology solutions. Experience working with Content Management Systems would be an advantage.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail, and well-developed analytical skills. Previous experience proofreading for external publications.
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage a busy workload.
- Team player and networker: able to quickly build relationships with a wide range of people.
- Keen and resourceful; proactive and motivated self-starter with excellent organisational skills; ability to think laterally and creatively, and to show initiative.
- Client-orientated approach; appreciation of Knowledge Lawyer and fee earner needs and constraints; commercially aware.
- Enthusiasm for law, regulation and business.
- Interest in and understanding of wider international, tehncological and political issues.
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke LLP we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Emily Webb in the Recruitment team on 0117 917 3072 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please click on the link below.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.