Executive Assistant to General Manager
UK Head Office, Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Alexion developed and commercializes Soliris® (eculizumab), the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders. Alexion is also establishing a premier global metabolic rare disease franchise, which includes Kanuma™ (sebelipase alfa) for patients with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D), and Strensiq™ (asfotase alfa) for patients with hypophosphatasia (HPP). In addition, Alexion is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas. As the global leader in complement inhibition, the Company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors across diverse platforms, including evaluating potential indications for Soliris in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
The Executive Assistant will provide support to the Managing Director, ensuring they are able to carry out their role as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Diary management: to include arranging internal & external meetings across different time zones, setting up teleconferences, preparing meeting documentation and greeting visitors.
- Manage detailed & frequent travel itineraries: to include booking of flights, trains, accommodation, meeting venues & agenda preparation.
- Daily management of email, other correspondence and calls, responding and taking action as appropriate.
- Preparation of business expense claims through online system – Concur
- Prepare presentations and draft correspondence as required
- Implement & maintain an efficient filing system for the MD
- Organising events – company conferences/dinners/Christmas & Summer Parties
- Attending meetings, taking notes and actions, preparing and issuing as appropriate.
- Project Management – Manage specific projects on behalf of MD as and when required.
- Office Management: ensure all facilities are in good working order, management of office security, Food & Drink supplies. Key contact for all suppliers.
- Previous experience in similar role
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with a commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good communicator with ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to handle rapidly changing priorities and cope under pressure.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under own initiative
- Ideally relevant professional qualification in business administration or secretarial support e.g. Pitmans or secretarial/ business administration diploma