Executive Personal Assistant to Group COO
5 days left
- Full Time
Executive Personal Assistant to Group COO
City of London – St Paul’s
£37,316 to £50,000 + Comprehensive Benefits
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of being a key figure in the Group Operations function. Phoenix Group is the largest specialist consolidator of life assurance funds in Europe. A member of the FTSE 250 Index, with a premium listing on the LSE and one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’ for the last 6 consecutive years, we have 10.4 million policyholders and assets under management of £240 billion, including the recently acquired Standard Life Assurance, Abbey Life and AXA Wealth businesses.
The Executive Personal Assistant to Group COO role will be based in either London or Edinburgh. The role will primarily be responsible for providing an efficient, effective and confidential support service to the Executive Director. The Executive Personal Assistant to Group COO will prepare and coordinate commercially sensitive and highly confidential information and documents in all new business strategies and initiatives, often before they are communicated to Heads of Function. You will appropriately respond to communications on behalf of Group Chief Operating Officer and may also be asked to produce reports, presentations and communications for the department.
This key Executive Personal Assistant to Group COO role also involves:
- Board meeting oversight & co-ordination of actions
- Group COO action tracking support
- Acquisition support working with Corporate Legal to support:
- Prospectus Management
- FPPP support
- Due Diligence co-ordination
- Preparation of presentations and slide decks in support of Group COO function e.g. for strategy planning days or team events / away days
- Providing a comprehensive and highly confidential administrative/secretarial support service and production of various communications on behalf the Group COO
- Complex day to day diary management and In-box management, as well as written communication with senior stakeholders, including Non-Executive Directors and external 3rd party representatives – often containing commercially sensitive and highly confidential information
- Acting as a first point of contact for the Group Chief Actuary, screening and handling calls as appropriate, whilst keeping an up to date contact list
- Support the Group Operations Senior Management team when required
The Executive Personal Assistant to Group COO will be commercially astute having worked with senior board members previously and be looking to move into a similar senior corporate environment. We would ideally like to see evidence of having already operated in an Executive PA capacity.
You therefore must:
- Be highly perceptive, with a diplomatic and tactful approach, used to handling sensitive and confidential information with appropriate sensitivity
- Evidence appropriate gatekeeping skills and experience in previous roles undertaken
- Demonstrate an expert level of PC capability, spanning MS Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be an excellent communicator and organiser, able to work on your own initiative and display enthusiasm for own career progression
- Have a good eye for detail, be conscientious and have a proactive approach, coupled with a proven ability to plan and prioritise multi-task requests within short timescales and demanding deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative and respond to the changing priorities of the Group COO office appropriately
- Be able to deal with a high-pressure environment and manage challenging deadlines
- Have an extremely approachable demeanour and attitude
In return, you can look forward to a great package, excellent conditions and a superb working environment, plus the chance to make your mark in a rapidly developing FTSE listed company.
If this Executive Personal Assistant to Group COO role sounds right for you, apply now.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date for this Executive Personal Assistant to Group COO role: Midnight, Thursday 24th January 2019.