Member Services Assistant
Who are 38 Degrees?
38 Degrees is one of the leading campaigning organisations in the UK. We put power into people’s hands by giving 38 Degrees members’ new ways to be involved in politics - something that’s increasingly important with current Brexit uncertainty. Together we’ve helped protect our planet with campaigns to reduce plastic waste, pushed the government to crack down on tax dodging by online giants like Amazon, and helped make Universal Credit - a system meant to help those struggling to get by - a little bit fairer.
38 Degrees members choose the issues we focus on, help steer campaign strategy, and keep the organisation going: all our funding comes from our members chipping in.
38 Degrees strives to be an inclusive employer. We welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in our staff team including Black, Asian and Minority, Ethnic people; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Non- Binary people; Men; Older People and Disabled people.
The Role - Member Services Assistant
We’re looking to hire 2 people to join our Member Services team. As a Member Service Assistant you will work closely with others in the Member Services team, as well as the wider campaigns team, to ensure members experience a great service from us and their views are heard and understood by our wider staff team. Members choose and fund our campaigns, so understanding and responding to members is a valued, vital, and rewarding role in the organisation.
We’re a fun, hard-working, and generous team who work together closely and support each other to develop in our roles. There’s a lot of room for growth in the role - and at 38 Degrees - and it’s expected that you’ll bring suggestions and ways to make things better. If you’re looking for a supportive, exciting, and ambitious place to develop your skills and your career, this might be the place for you!
Your responsibilities will include:
Main point of contact for members queries:
- Respond to member queries through email, phone, social media, live chat
- Use your judgement to prioritise urgent queries
- Work with other members of the team to write responses to member queries when needed
- Work towards set KPIs for response times
Give campaign feedback from members to the rest of the team:
- Give insight to the rest of the team about what members are saying, in real time and when collating themes
- Be on top of incoming queries so you know any issues as soon as they come up
- Spot recurring issues and working with other staff to find solution
Advance the Member Services strategy:
- Hold responsibility for delivering projects which will improve the member experience, in line with the organisation’s priorities. You’ll either hold a specific role helping give a great experience to petition starters, or you’ll work with the Member Services team to develop and deliver new innovations across the board.
Your core skills and experience will include:
- A high standard of written and spoken English
- Skilled at working with members of the public from all different backgrounds
- A self-starter who is keen to problem solve
- Able to pick up new tech quickly
- Works well in a team, able to share work
- Able to write great copy on short timelines
- Able to manage and prioritise workload
- There are no educational requirements - if you have the skills that would make you and excellent fit for this role, we don’t mind how you learnt them!
These skills and experience could help you with the job, but it isn’t essential to have all of them in order to apply:
- A keen eye for detail
- An interest in politics and current issues such as protecting public services, campaigning for social justice, and protecting the environment
- The ability to think and plan ahead
- Experience of dealing with high volumes of customer or member queries is really welcome! But if you think you have the skills to deal with members of the public without specific experience in customer service, we’d still really like to hear from you.
- Skill and experience in processing large amounts of both qualitative and quantitive data
How to apply?
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining how you meet the above criteria by 21st Jan 2019.
Apply for Member Services Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly