Executive Assistant to the Managing Director
Hours: 35 hours per week, 9.30am -5.30pm
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and highly organised Executive Assistant to join our small friendly team and provide wide-ranging support to the Managing Director.
This is a fantastic role that will give the successful candidate exposure to a wide range of the Caribbean Council’s exciting programme of activities including:
- events with Caribbean Prime Ministers and Ministers
- exposure to leading private sector figures in the UK and the region
- contact with senior officials in the UK Government and diplomatic service
- consultancy and research projects related to the Caribbean and Central America
- marketing and business development
The Executive Assistant will provide full support to the Managing Director on a wide range of issues including:
Diary and travel management
- Management of MD diary and coordination of schedule and programmes of meetings
- Booking and researching travel arrangements
- Occasional meeting programme support for visiting VIPs or for client projects
Email and correspondence
- Support with drafting letters, emails and materials for MD
- Inbox support with filing and rapid intervention on priority emails
- Support with organisation and coordination of member events, Board meetings and
- internal staff meetings
- Coordination with Embassies, High Commissions, the Foreign and Commonwealth
- Office and visiting VIP speakers
- Drafting of marketing material, invitations, agendas and background materials for
- such events
- Minutes and notes taken of meetings where required
- Maintaining relationship with existing members and subscribers with responsibility for monitoring and executing the annual renewals process and raising invoices
- Of specific bespoke projects (eg. organisation of programmes of client meetings; support with visits)
- Of external partners contracted to deliver any Conferences or our Annual House of Lords reception
Market research and business development support
- Market research on potential target clients, funding sources, or target sectors
- Research and support in identifying potential sponsors for events
- Identification of correct contacts at new prospects and support with initial approaches
- Support with client projects requiring desk-research
- Support with creating and /or formatting attractive and professional presentations on
- Support with development of other marketing materials for website or sales slidedecks
- Process MD’s monthly credit card and cash expenses
- Maintain the Caribbean Council databases and ensuring contact information is kept up to date
- Raising invoices for new memberships, subscriptions and as requested by MD
- Liaise with brokers for annual renewals of insurance policies etc and deal with suppliers to office when necessary (phone/energy/other).
- Occasional other admin support such as chasing overdue payments not collected by accounts team; liaison with Companies House.
- To act as first point of contact for those contacting or visiting the Caribbean Council
- Answering phone and directing phone calls to relevant person or taking messages
- Arranging and maintaining supplies for office (stationary/office equipment/ refreshments)
- Handling small volume of post
- Liaising with the office facilities management team
- Other duties as required from time to time
The candidate will have extensive experience working as an Executive Assistant in a fast paced organisation and will be:
- proactive and tenacious
- super organised
- confident using the phone proactively
- comfortable dealing with senior people e.g. VIPs, members of the diplomatic corps
- good at building strong relationships with stakeholders
- used to juggling busy workload and prioritising
- have a can-do, get-stuck-in attitude
- have a good team spirit
The role will be particularly suited to those:
- with an interest in international development and foreign affairs
- interested in expanding their skills in marketing, market research and/or business
Spanish language skills would be advantageous but are not core to the role.
Salary and benefits
The Council will offer to the successful candidate a package of salary and benefits as
- £28,000-£35,000 p.a. dependent on experience, plus annual performance related bonus.
- Other working arrangements possible if we find the right person
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday allowance – 25 days a year
- Private health insurance
- Global travel insurance
If you think you'd be perfect for this role, we'd love to hear from you..
About the Caribbean Council
The Caribbean Council is a long-established London-based consultancy and membership organisation, specialised in providing advisory services on the Caribbean, the Guianas, Cuba and Central America. With decades of experience and an unrivalled regional network of trusted on-the-ground consultants, we are a world-leading centre of expertise with a proven record of success in helping companies to understand local markets and navigate the region’s business environment with confidence.
Through its activities, The Council’s mission is to support responsible, private sector-led investment and development in the Caribbean and Central America.
With a membership of around one hundred companies, including global companies such as Virgin Atlantic, De La Rue, and Pernod Ricard, and an enviable international and UK-based client base, we provide clients and members with a range of research, consultancy, due diligence, high-level networking events and business advisory services
The Council is based at Temple Chambers, 3-7 Temple Avenue, London, EC4Y 0HP, near Blackfriars station.
Normal working hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm with an hour for lunch. Travel and evening functions will necessitate some out of hours working as will, from time to time, the requirements of specific projects. Team members are able to work from home for one day a week.
Apply for Executive Assistant to the Managing Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly