Events Administration Assistant (international events)
Are you looking for an opportunity to work alongside an experienced Events Team and support on a busy calendar of international events?
This is a fab role for an events junior to provide support to the events team and gain great exposure to a range of international events for this very successful world-renowned membership body.
Professional membership society who hold over 140 regional and international events each year, from workshops of 40 attendees to conferences of 1,000+ across Europe and further afield internationally.
You'll be providing administrative and secretarial support services to the events team, as they deliver a varied programme of workshops, seminars and conferences internationally. This Event Assistant / Event Administrator role offers a great team environment, the opportunity to further develop your event administration skills and events career, and comes with an excellent benefits package.
- Provide pre-event administrative support to events team
- Maintain records for the events database entering event specific information & requirements
- Book accommodation, travel & handle visa applications for event team
- Use of delegate registration system
- Perform project/event administrative services (mailing event marketing collateral, delegate pack collating, badges, signage etc)
- Liaison with venues, suppliers & event committees
- First point of contact to handle delegate & customer service enquiries
- On-site event support (travelling & working on-site internationally)
You'll be highly organised, with brilliant IT and administration skills and excellent attention to detail. You'll need to have a minimum of 6-12 months admin experience, ideally working within an events environment for an association, membership organisation or professional body. You'll have great communication skills and be a strong multi-tasker who can juggle multiple projects with calmness, accuracy and good humour!
- At least 6-12 months experience working successfully in an administrative role
- Some previous events experience
- Amazing organisation skills and superb attention to detail
- Previous experience (ideally) of working with/for an Association or Professional Membership body
- Excellent IT skills (word, excel, PowerPoint), and ideally experience working with databases and/or registration systems
- Strong mathematical skills
- High level of customer service focus and very self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills and oral & written English
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your events career, by bringing your excellent organisational, administrative and communication skills to this leading international membership body!
If your experience matches the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click "Apply" now.