Fantastic Receptionist role - Central London
Your new company
A Leading shipping company based in Central London is looking for a Receptionist to join their fantastic, dynamic team. This is a great opportunity for someone seeking their next challenge!
Your new role
- Answer the switchboard, screen and direct calls as soon as is reasonably practicable and in an appropriate and professional manner
- Ensure that messages are recorded onto a phone pad, checked for accuracy and then passed on by e-mail in a timely manner.
- Meet and greet all guests courteously, offering to take their coats etc and ensuring refreshments are provided if required.
- Ensure that the appropriate member of staff is informed of their guest's arrival. If you have not been advised of visitors' names beforehand, contact the member of staff and obtain further details where possible, and reminding them to advise reception at least 24 hours prior to visitors arrival in future.
- Set up morning meeting rooms as required and check and update the meeting room schedule both at the beginning of each day and then regularly throughout the day. Provide further support to the GA department in setting up meeting rooms as/if required.
- Ensure that the reception area is maintained to the highest possible standards i. clean, tidy and well presented at all times. Advise the GA & Communications Manager of any items that may need repairing or renewing.
- On occasion, staff from the GA Department will cover your reception duties as/if needed. Ensure they are briefed on all matters pending, such as outstanding messages or guests who are waiting, and that you are fully briefed upon your return.
- Maintain up-to-date information of the whereabouts of employees to enable better service and handling of enquires.
- Ensure that the reception staff list is updated weekly, utilising the weekly starters and leavers list.
- Assist with day-to-day duties and ad hoc projects as and when required
What you'll need to succeed
- Prior Reception and switchboard experience is necessary.
- The applicant should be well presented at all times, have good verbal and written communication skills and also possess excellent people skills. Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- The applicant should also be able to work with initiative, have good attention to detail and be able to work well in a team and with other members of staff.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.