Corporate Executive Assistant
We’re looking for an experienced, proactive and bright EA to support our senior executive team and founders as they lead our journey towards becoming the best possible bank.
You’ll be working alongside our existing EA’s to help define and shape what executive level support looks like at Monzo. As one of the earliest hires into this team, you’ll have the opportunity to use your experience to help shape how the team providing this support develops as Monzo grows internationally as well as in the UK.
We are aiming to get to a ratio of two executives to each EA, but you may be asked to support more people initially, or to dedicate some of your time to supporting the wider team.
Monzo & why your role is essential:
Building and running Monzo involves an interesting tension between moving fast (as we’re a tech company) and having structured governance (we’re a highly regulated bank). Our senior executive team have varied backgrounds as well as being focussed on very different areas of the business. As an Executive Assistant, you’ll get an incredible insight into how to run an innovative, exciting, high-growth company.
You’ll help them optimise the way they use their time and ensure that they’re focussing on the highest impact activities, amplifying the impact they have in leading Monzo to achieve our sky-high ambitions. Ability to adapt communication styles is essential to this role to achieve a person-centred approach in support. You'll be essential in ensuring great relationships are built in and out of Monzo.
What you’ll be spending your time doing:
- Correspondence: filtering and responding to emails, redirecting messages to the most appropriate person in the team
- Decision-making: determining whether a meeting is worth taking, obtaining a clear agenda, ensuring it’s an appropriate length, and taking introductory phone calls when needed
- Prioritisation: managing their diaries, rescheduling meetings, making sure time is carved out for managing their team and for non-meeting work
- Preparation: slides for presentations; arranging transport, accommodation and meeting rooms; follow-up on meeting actions
- Research: undertake project related research for our executives
- Administration: taking notes & actions at meetings, filing expenses, and other general support.
You’ll also need to manage your own time to determine how to most effectively support the team, and how to prioritise their different needs. There will also be opportunities to get involved in project work and other initiatives across the business that interest you.
- You’ve worked within a fast paced environment with ever changing priorities
- You’re exceptionally attentive to detail and incredibly organised
- You’re a quick learner, and ask incisive questions to gather the context you need
- You are proactive and can work autonomously
- You have excellent communication skills with a proven ability to write and adapt style to different voices and audiences
- You are hands-on: focussed on execution, removing ambiguity, and comfortable making and acting on decisions
- You’d love to learn about running a high-growth business and are excited about joining Monzo’s journey