Creative Localisation Editor (Italian)
Excellent opportunity for a Creative Italian Localisation Editor to join the delightful editing team of a creative worldwide brand in London on an initial 6 month contract.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the exciting world of this brand using your Italian language skills and cultural expertise to edit and review Italian game related text.
They offer exceptional benefits including relocation assistance, childcare vouchers, gym subsidy, cycle to work scheme, healthcare, dental, optical & pension amongst others.
Responsibilities will include:
- Editing, including content and copyediting of rules text and other game-related text.
- Editing (for grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and language-specific slang) in Italian from translated documents
- Daily interaction with translators
- Review of and possible editing of game-related rules text in Italian
- Proof and revise, as necessary, game-related text in both electronic and hard copy formats in Italian and in English
- Regular reporting of progress to in-house management
The interview process will include a remote translation test as the first stage, followed by a face to face or video interview depending on your location if successful.
- Fluent in Italian to native standard (to include knowledge regarding native slang, phraseologies, and nuances of Italian.
- Fluent in English
- Degree level education
- Proven experience in professional editing to tight publishing deadlines
- An interest in gaming or experience from within the gaming industry a distinct +.
- Ability to work under pressure to unpredictable and tight deadlines
- Great understanding Italian culture
To apply, please send your CV in Word format to Jessica. If you have applied for any other languagematters vacancy there is no need to re-apply, as your CV will be considered for all vacancies that match your language skills and work experience.
languagematters is a multi-discipline, multilingual recruitment agency offering a wide range of bilingual jobs in London, the South-east, nationwide and overseas. Our goal is to be the most valued, knowledgeable and indispensable recruitment partner in the language recruitment field.
We work constantly to provide equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, social background, religion, disability or sexuality.
NB: Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK or hold a valid work permit. Please note that we contact successful candidates within 3-4 working days. Language Matters is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.