Executive Assistant – Fixed Term Contract 12 months
Our client is one of the leading multinational law firms based in the City. The Firm has nearly 2,500 lawyers in over 25 globally providing comprehensive services to national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments. They are a people centric business and offer a welcoming, supportive and friendly environment where employees can generate new ideas and flourish.
This role is for a proactive and highly competent EA who will operate successfully in a pressurised and fast-paced environment, providing professional and client-focussed support to senior stakeholders and heads of business. Reporting to the Practice Group Manager, the individual needs to be adaptable to and supportive of change whilst sufficiently experienced to influence stakeholders and build relationships. The role will include undertaking complex tasks and projects, providing transactional support and playing a critical role in managing all routine and daily administrative tasks. A degree of flexibility around working hours is expected with this role.
- Build strong relationships with, and develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of, internal and external clients, mandates and projects
- Act as gatekeeper for stakeholders
- Extensive diary management, using own initiative to manage email accounts and to develop and maintain systems to promote efficiency
- Draft high quality correspondence, engagement letters, documents, agendas, reports, presentations and spreadsheets
- Build strong relationships with business services teams and maintain effective and efficient use of business support services
- Ensure all activities and duties adhere to risk and compliance requirements
- Attend and contribute to team meetings as required detail and progress action points as appropriate
- Detailed travel arrangements - both local and international travel
- Assist with financial and transactional management ie billing process, WIP and client matter engagement
- Research and obtain client information and data, as well as following current and target clients on social media and in quality press
- Proactive upward management of business development and other firm-wide initiatives
- Proactively maintain and update client relationship management system
- Support additional stakeholders and colleagues as and when required
- Identify and facilitate knowledge sharing within peer group and wider team
- General administrative support
- Excellent academic background, educated to graduate level or having equivalent professional experience (preferred but not required)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Commercial and financial acumen
- A thorough understanding of working in a professional, service driven environment and of stakeholder/client/business confidentiality
- Confident and professional manner with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and clients
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at all levels
- Collaborative and supportive of the business and its initiatives
- Adaptable and open to change showing a willingness and confidence to make suggestions for change where appropriate
- Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to remain proactive and flexible at all times
- Anticipate and identify potential problems and provide innovative solutions
- A strong team player
Norma Skemp Recruitment thanks you for your application and we look forward to speaking to you. However, we regret that they will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
If you are already registered with Norma Skemp, please do not hesitate to contact your consultant directly.