We are an award winning architectural practice, looking for an energetic and organised HR Assistant to support the HR Manager.
This role would be ideal for someone looking to enter into HR within a creative environment and is initially offered on a temp to perm basis
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess incoming CV’s and assist with pre-selection for current vacancies.
- Assist with the coordination of the recruitment process including management of speculative applications, liaison with candidates and recruitment agencies.
- Organising interviews
- Assist with the preparation of offer letters, contracts and new starter paperwork including the induction process.
- Manage the induction process including coordinating the diary, and updating the induction manuals on a regular basis.
- Maintain the HR database and system and associated record keeping and filing.
- Coordinate the appraisal system of probationary and annual reviews.
- Assist with HR correspondence including references and internal letters.
- Coordinate exit interviews for leavers and reference requests.
- Assist with the organisation of events including the annual Christmas party and other social events as required
Learning and Development
- Coordination of internal and external training events
- Management of CPDs
- Logging training attendance onto the HR system.
PRACTICE WIDE SUPPORT
- To provide support to other members of the admin team where required, including reception cover and project administration support.
- Ad hoc administrative support.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook and Adobe InDesign essential
- Experience in an administrative role would be useful
- A good team worker who will willingly and pro-actively help others when needed.
- A really good administrator with a natural attention to detail and ability to check own work accurately.
- Good at following things through to completion, with consistency, even for mundane tasks.
- Takes pride in getting things right.
- Able to multi-task and remain calm and well organised.
- Discrete and able to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- A flexible and willing approach, along with good time keeping and a commitment to the role.
- Attention to detail and the ability to proof read your own work is essential.
- Takes an interest in the work of the practice. Proactive in learning about current and prospective projects and clients.
- Understanding of the values of a professional services firm.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Cheerful and positive