Senior Project manager
1 day left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Manager to take the lead to improve local London authorities understanding of existing commissioned arrangements, specifically within Social Services. This is an excellent opportunity to work with the Care Services Manager and Head of Grants and Community to develop a strategy on how to plan and deliver a report to give a better understanding of the following :-
Agree a work plan with the Head of Grants and Community Services and the Care Services Manager
Support senior managers by carrying out policy and value for money studies in support of the service, which will include:
- Gathering evidence from eight sample London boroughs, as well as published data
- Interviewing a sample of officers in London boroughs and London Councils
- Developing conclusions and testing these with senior officers in London boroughs and London Councils
- Writing the conclusions of the assignment into a report for the Association of London Directors of Children's Services.
Produce an end report which may also include best practice proposals
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of commissioning in the public sector, and particularly in social care, would be desirable
- Experience and/or qualification in public sector purchasing, preferable.
- Experience of research work.
- Demonstrable capability of analytical skills and strategic thinking to delivery objectives.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office Word and Excel - including experience of using these for data collation and analysis,
- Knowledge and/or experience of engaging with different groups of people and working collaboratively with other agencies.
- Evidence of understanding and/or knowledge on how to translate equality policies into the delivery of services.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both face to face/telephone, with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and external agencies.
- Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders with a consultative approach, with strong communication skills.
- A focused approach with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to write succinctly and clearly and to produce management information to a high standard.
- Ability to understand mathematical concepts, such as an understanding of arithmetic, statistics and financial terminology.
- Ability to gather and present data with a high degree of accuracy and clarity.
- Ability to show tact and discretion and work with information of a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Ability to work with little supervision, including excellent self-motivation skills.
- Able to demonstrate a flair for creativity and the ability to present
This is a temporary position for an approx. 3 month period
Salary based on £33,716 pro rata
To start : ASAP
Apply for Senior Project manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly