Who we are
The Electoral Commission is the independent body that regulates party and election finance, sets standards for well-run elections and encourages people to register to vote. This has been a busy and exciting time at the Commission, with a number of significant polls having taken place over the last 6 months: elections to the Northern Ireland Assembly in March; local government elections across GB in May; and the UK Parliamentary General Election.
We are currently looking for a talented Executive Assistant to work in a small team supporting our Executive Team. Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage, but more importantly you will be self-motivated, pro-active and possess excellent administrative and IT skills
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills
- An ability to prioritise and work quickly and effectively
- Excellent IT skills, especially competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with people at all levels
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
The Electoral Commission offers excellent terms and conditions, including flexible working hours and the opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements (dependent on scheme rules) which include a valuable range of benefits.
If you are interested in this role please visit our website; to download the job description and person specification, before applying online.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 13 August 2017 at 23:45PM
Interviews will be held week commencing 21 August 2017
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.