Senior Receptionist for prestigious financial firm based in the City £30 - £32k + bens
Senior Receptionist for City Financial Firm (£30,000 - £32,000)
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, rota between 08:00– 18.00, 7.5hrs per day
The successful candidate in this role will work as part of a small Reception team of 3, as part of the wider Facilities Department. The primary objective of the role is to provide a high level of service to both internal staff and external visitors, acting as an ambassador for the company.
The ideal candidate should have previous experience in holding a position as a Senior Receptionist. A knowledge of current affairs and taking a keen interest in our business in order to be able to confidently engage with our visitors where appropriate. The ideal candidate should be immaculately presented and professional at all times, whilst remaining welcoming and creating that all important first impression.
- To oversee the Reception team on a daily basis, providing regular updates to the Facilities Manager;
- Duties to include various administration support as/when required by the Facilities Manager/Team;
- To welcome visitors to the company in a professional and friendly manner and issue guest passes;
- To ensure that the Reception area is at all times run efficiently, presentable and inviting.
- Switchboard duties: answering calls and dealing with the resulting queries promptly, whilst greeting callers in a professional and welcoming manner;
- To book meeting rooms, order equipment and liaise with security/dining rooms/IT as appropriate;
- To ensure that meeting rooms are presentable at all times and are stocked and cleared down for all meetings;
- To ensure that food/refreshment requests are delivered to the relevant meeting rooms in advance of meetings;
- To maintain all reception related contact/reference lists;
- To process stationery orders for staff and monitor/re-stock central stationery store cupboards (over 3 floors);
- To order taxis for staff and maintain booking records/approvals;
- To order corporate flowers and maintain records/check invoices;
- To prepare Information packs on a weekly basis;
- To oversee and maintain stock of visitor passes/wallets /information packs;
- To fulfil any additional ad hoc duties as and when required to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to work in a senior role, demonstrating natural leadership within the Reception Team.
- Skilled in Microsoft applications software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate confidently at all levels and possess excellent listening skills;
- Able to demonstrate commercial awareness and is proactive in acquiring knowledge of our business;
- Demonstrates strong customer focus;
- Demonstrates an adaptable and flexible attitude;
- Is dependable and works collaboratively within a team;
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail and integrity;
- Ability to work in a busy and pressured environment, often working on own initiative
- Experience in managing a reception team
- Demonstrable experience of working in a front of house/combined switchboard role (Meridian or similar)
- Previous knowledge in using a Meeting Room booking system or Helpdesk would be an advantage.