Job Title: School Secretary
Type of position: Temp to Perm
Role: Full time *
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: Hampstead, London, NW3
Salary: £25,000 – 30,000 per annum
Start Date: January 2017
Do you have solid administrative experience within the educational sector? Are you confident, with a positive attitude and a sense of humour? A prestigious, independent preparatory school in Hampstead is looking to add a School Secretary to their lovely staff team.
About the role:
- Administrative support for the members of the Senior Team
- Responsible to and report to the HR Manager and Headmistress
- Organise and book school trips and transport, events and workshops
- Compilation and distribution of pupil sanctions lists – notifying the parents
- Produce regular mailings to parents, including termly reports, monthly grade sheets, letters, invitations etc.
- Assist with the processing of registration record on the SIMS database
- Deal with sick and injured pupils, calling the School Nurse as necessary
- Answer the telephone line, field inquiries and take messages
- Update pupil / parent database records in SIMS, provide reports and labels for mailings
- Friendly and open approach with good telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with parents, pupils and staff
- Ability to maintain in strictest confidence any information about School matters
- Great at managing a diverse workload within deadlines
- At least two years experienced within the same role
- Computer literate with knowledge of SIMS database and associated software
- Problem solving skills with the ability to apply tact and diplomacy when needed
*There will be reduced working hours during school holidays and the role includes 30 days annual leave to be taken outside of term time.