This role directly supports the company directors
Caledonia Lettings is the property management arm of Caledonia Developments, a prestigious London property development company.
Caledonia Lettings manage properties in South London for landlords who require assistance in making sure their homes are safe, clean and licensed correctly.
Once we have ensured the properties are of the highest standard, we find young professional tenants looking for shared accommodation to live in them.
Our service ensures that landlords get the most from their investment and have a hassle free life, and that tenants have the safe clean and well run home they deserve.
We are expanding the business and are looking for a Team Assistant to help us grow to our full potential.
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Company Directors.
Staff reporting to this post: None, though should assist and direct other Caledonia Employees where required.
Key Areas of Accountability:
• Responsible for all office administration processes.
• Maintaining office filing systems (via drop box and hard copies).
• Book keeping via Xero accounting software .
• Create or Revamp various documents where required by Caledonia.
• Organise and keep on top of evernote daily working documents, processes and procedures. This includes creating a general system for current and future employees to use.
• Find tenants (Includes updating spare room and Upad listings, reaching out to people via Facebook, other avenues that are appropriate).
• Respond to inquiries and call backs to potential tenants.
• Scheduling viewings.
• Organising tenant referencing.
• Create contracts, ensure signed correctly and file hard and soft copy.
• DPS and insurance registration.
• Checking Tenant into property (and all other tasks related to tenanting a property end to end).
• Ongoing tenant communications of (cleaning forms, house updates, and the brand of Caledonia Lettings so that they can refer their friends to future spare rooms).
• Monthly check of rent payments.
• Organise tenant training.
Skills & Behaviours
• Holds themselves accountable for following through on agreed tasks, managing Caledonia’s resources efficiently, and achieving and role modeling Caledonia’s values.
• Takes shared responsibility, together with line managers, for personal and professional development.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and strives to perform to a high standard.
• Shares their personal vision for Caledonia, and works collaboratively with colleagues in order to make the best out of Caledonia.
• Is future orientated and can envision and support the up scaling of the company.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships with their colleagues, external partners.
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
• Willing to take disciplined risks.
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Experience & Skills
• Experience in administration/secretarial work, preferably with appropriate qualification.
• Degree caliber or qualified by professional experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to communicate with people of a different cultural background.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential; skills in other languages would be an advantage.
• Strong planning and orgasisational skills, able to meet deadlines and maintain high standards of quality.
• Proven ability to manage smaller projects with appropriate support.
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and willing to work with a rapidly changing set of priorities.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to manage own workload, with some supervision.
• A high level of computer literacy, strong technical aptitude in MS office and the willingness to learn how to use other business appropriate computer programs.
• Experience in using the internet and other web based resources.
• Enthusiastic, proactive with a “can do” attitude.
• Commitment to Caledonia’s Mission.
Additional Job Responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within the reasonableness of their level of skills and experience. No task is too menial.
Rate: £22,000 - £25,000 p/a
• Travel to be reimbursed
• Company computer
• Company iPhone
• Reduced cost South London accommodation available
• Monday-Friday 8:45 – 18:00
• Expected to make occasional calls and emails out of hours