Front of House/Office Manager
Front of House/Office Manager - 12 Month Contract
Reporting to: Executive Assistant
We are Digital Change Agents®. So what does it mean? At BIO we go way beyond marketing. Instead we look at the whole business strategically, helping clients get ahead of their competitors by arming them with best-in-breed digital.
From service design to e-commerce and digital retail, we create experiences that are simple, seamless and intuitive, using cutting-edge technology, design and CX. Ours is a unique approach. There’s no one else out there doing what we do and it’s a really exciting place to be.
We’re fast, fun and great to work for, with great offices and excellent benefits – all the usual stuff, plus a training and development programme, fun things like free Friday breakfasts and afternoon cocktails, and some really exciting extras we’ll tell you about further down the line.
We are looking for an adaptable, resourceful and enthusiastic Front of House/Office Manager with outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail. (borderline OCD!) The ideal candidate will bring bundles of energy and enthusiasm to the role and have a real ‘go getter’ attitude!
It is a busy role and your time will be split between Office Management and Reception/Front of House duties, candidates need to be excellent at multitasking and able to work well under pressure when needed. To be successful in the role of Front of House/Office Manager it is key that you have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Duties and responsibilities:
Front of House Duties:
- Ensuring reception is covered at all times
- Setting up the office each morning, by turning on lights and setting up kitchen
- Answering the phones, taking messages, and occasionally screening calls
- Managing meeting room bookings and ensuring people are sticking to allocated times
- Setting up meeting rooms with refreshments and ordering lunch where required
- Notifying the main reception of any external guests due to visit BIO and offering drinks
- Ensuring reception is tidy and presentable with no deliveries left in the area
- Signing for any post delivers and distributing accordingly
- Sending out any ‘ALL STAFF’ communications
- Ensuring Philip ( the office pooch) has been fed and walked when he is in the office
Office Management Duties:
- Overseeing food/bar orders and weekly deliveries when required (and ensuring its in budget)
- Setting up BIO breakfast each Friday and being responsible for liaising with the suppliers
- Managing the New Starter Process, which includes updating the spreadsheet, arranging swipe cards, assigning a desk and machine, and liaising with the IT contact to set up profiles and email addresses prior to the person arriving at the agency.
- Managing the Leaver process to ensure that all company material is returned when the person leaves, such as swipe card, locker key, laptops and company phones. Also liaising with IT to remove their access to the remote emails and delete/change passwords to profiles
- Updating building swipe card list and sending any changes to reception downstairs
- Updating the phone extensions as seating plan changes by liaising with the IT department
- Arranging any office maintenance that the building will not take care off, such as booking handy men or printer maintenance personnel to fix any issues
- Checking stationary, cleaning and coffee machine supplies weekly and ordering more from specific suppliers as necessary
- Arranging post returns, couriers, taxis, train tickets and hotels if required by staff
- Assisting the PA with researching and planning any events, such as the summer/Christmas parties and sometimes the monthly BIO bar.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- 2 years + experience within an administrative/front of house based role
- Has previous experience working in a busy and fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Friendly and personable attitude
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
PLEASE GET IN TOUCH TO VIEW BIO’S AGENCY SHOWREEL