Legal Secretary / Legal PA in Dispute Resolution
This is an amazing job opportunity working for the UK’s leading private law firm who are well known for supporting wealthy families in relation to law and disputes, and have a rich and very long history stretching back many years.
The candidate would utilise their skills in the dispute resolution team which is always ever changing as they handle multiple different cases every day from contract claims to large scale multijurisdictional cases working to resolve some of the most complex cases with some of the wealthiest families around the UK. They work to the highest possible standard working to get to know the situation so they can come up with the solution.
The firm are looking for a really committed, eager and enthusiastic candidate who has ambitions to work in beautiful offices situated in London and want to work for such a prestigious and successful company. The environment is ever changing with different cases and different clients everyday so the candidate has to be adaptable to communicate with lots of different people either over phone, email or facetime with fantastic interpersonal skills.
The candidate also has to be highly motivated and display outstanding attention to detail whilst also be willing to work in a team and strive under pressure and working in a team environment.
- Has good knowledge of all systems/ processes used within the department.
- Acts as first point of contact to fee earners.
- Provides excellent service to fee earners both internal and external, in a timely and professional manner.
- Makes effective use of the document management system.
- Creates typed work of a high quality, formatting in accordance of house style, at high speed with accuracy and following internal guidelines.
- Maintains a high level of proficiency in core IT applications including the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Adopts a pro-active approach and works with Fee Earners effectively, to maintain regular file management, to ensure all files are up to date, closed and archived, as appropriate
Education and qualification
- Qualified to GCSE standard, at least 5 grade C’s (or equivalent) and Mathematics and English are essential.
- Experience within a Litigation department in a reputable law firm
- Holds the CILEX Legal Secretary Diploma
To apply, please click on the button and send your Cover Note/CV with your contact details to Kelly Whelan.
**For our application policy please view Career Legal's company information page on our website. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is celebrating its 24th successive year in legal recruiting for the legal community across London and throughout the UK. Specific legal divisions cover full spectrum of legal recruitment on a permanent, contract and temporary basis. Specialist Legal Recruitment consultants with many years proven experience cover Legal Professional Services, Legal Business Support and Legal Office Support areas. Career Legal is known for being the legal recruiter of choice for: Lawyers, Legal Risk & Compliance, Legal Patent & Trademark, Legal Accounting, Legal Human Resources, Legal Marketing & Business Development, Legal Facilities Management, Paralegal, Legal DP & Creative Services, Legal Facilities & Office Support, Front of House and Legal Secretarial Personnel including Legal PA’s.