The Secret PA Keeps her Sense of Perspective
Being a Fashion PR company, convincing our audiences to buy a lot of luxuries is our bread and butter (and we’re quite partial to those luxuries ourselves)! But I'm the first to admit we do sometimes lose our sense of perspective about how privileged we all are here in luvvie-dom.
So I've decided to compile a list of funny complaints I've overheard in the office, also known as First World Problems, as suffered by the staff of a Fashion PR Company. Enjoy having a laugh on us. (Names have not been included. If any of my colleagues read this I’m sorry in advance. Just please don’t out yourself by having a go at me on Twitter).
Here's the list:
1. I've always hated my bushy eyebrows. I got IPL laser hair removal on them in 2013. In 2014 Cara Delevingne made them the hottest beauty trend since bronzer and I can’t grow them back! – I am fortune’s fool!
2. I can’t tell my girlfriend what I want for my birthday, because every time I want something I buy it for myself.
3. If I lie my champagne flat in my mini fridge, the door won’t close properly, if I stand if up I have to tilt it on its side and then I don’t have any room for my Whole Foods gluten free cupcakes.
4. Normal water from the water cooler tastes too warm, chilled water from the water cooler hurts my sensitive teeth. Pouring both into my cup is such an effort.
5. I've developed an allergic reaction to cleaning sprays and my health insurance won’t cover the cost of a housekeeping service.
6. Whole Foods are no longer doing gluten-free cupcakes! – Greek tragedy right here!
7. I got an undercut and no one noticed. I feel so invisible.
8. I thought of the name Georgia-Peaches first, but my friend got pregnant before me and is using it!
9. Cadburys Creme Eggs are no longer made with Dairy Milk and now come in boxes of five*
10. I'm slowly beginning to come to terms with the fact that I'm probably not going to be famous before I'm thirty.
*You might guess who this First World Problem belongs to