Type - Temporary (full time)
Duration - 30 January until 28 April 2017
Location - West End of London
Rate - £145 per day
Hours - 9.00-5.00
Our client is a well established union based in the heart of the West End. They are looking for an experienced Communications Assistant, to assist them on the run up to a conference. The successful candidate will have proven PR and Press experience.
- Contribute to raising the company's media profile by responding to press enquiries, writing and editing press releases and quotes, and arranging media interviews.
- Manage incoming communications for the media relations team, including calls from journalists, ensuring that each is handled effectively, the appropriate information is supplied and more complex enquiries are escalated appropriately.
- Research, analyse and report on members' opinions, including drafting member surveys, and press releases for approval. Liaise with members about media interviews and the publication of personal quotes to ensure that members' relevant opinions are properly communicated.
- Maintain an accurate record of news cuttings and any company mentions in the media, in consultation with the communications officer. Monitor and liaise with suppliers to ensure they supply appropriate content - news cuttings and parliamentary information.
- Deal with incoming and outgoing communications via the appropriate media, including Facebook, Twitter, email, phone calls.
- Create and post content on the company's social media pages as required, working closely with the digital officer and assistant and rest of the communications team.
- Liaise with journalists to confirm conference attendance and manage accommodation needs appropriately.
- Co-ordinate and make travel, and meeting arrangements on behalf of the communications team to ensure cost effective use of resources.
- Co-ordinate and prepare all necessary communications materials for transportation to annual conference.
- Assist when needed with logistics of pre-general election seminars.
- After conference, collate all press coverage to facilitate a full report to the Executive Committee.
- Maintain individual and departmental filing systems to ensure the secure retention and easy retrieval of relevant information.
- Process other individual, office and departmental administration and update database records as required.
- Undertake other reasonable activity for the proper performance of the external relations team, as requested.
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Apply for Communications Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly