7 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: School Secretary
Type of position: Temp to Perm
Role: Full time *
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: Hampstead, London, NW3
Salary: £25,000 – 30,000 per annum
Start Date: January 2017
Do you have solid administrative experience within the educational sector? Are you confident, with a positive attitude and a sense of humour? A prestigious, independent preparatory school in Hampstead is looking to add a School Secretary to their lovely staff team.
About the role:
- Administrative support for the members of the Senior Team
- Responsible to and report to the HR Manager and Headmistress
- Organise and book school trips and transport, events and workshops
- Compilation and distribution of pupil sanctions lists – notifying the parents
- Produce regular mailings to parents, including termly reports, monthly grade sheets, letters, invitations etc.
- Assist with the processing of registration record on the SIMS database
- Deal with sick and injured pupils, calling the School Nurse as necessary
- Answer the telephone line, field inquiries and take messages
- Update pupil / parent database records in SIMS, provide reports and labels for mailings
- Friendly and open approach with good telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with parents, pupils and staff
- Ability to maintain in strictest confidence any information about School matters
- Great at managing a diverse workload within deadlines
- At least two years experienced within the same role
- Computer literate with knowledge of SIMS database and associated software
- Problem solving skills with the ability to apply tact and diplomacy when needed
*There will be reduced working hours during school holidays and the role includes 30 days annual leave to be taken outside of term time.
Apply for School Secretary
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly