The Assistant Merchandiser to work for an independent national fashion company based in Camden / Chalk Farm. The position pays up to £32k depending on experience. The Assistant Merchandiser will be supporting the Merchandiser and Company Directors to make informed strategic decisions. The Merchandising team is responsible for making sure that the right stock is in the right store at the right time across all of the 13 retail stores and online stores. The Assistant Merchandiser will help to analyse sales information and assist the implementation of ways in which to increase company profits.
Assistant Merchandiser will visit stores seasonally and work closely with all departments at the Head Office and will assist in making decisions about whether to withdraw, increase or move stock to another store.
You must be fully IT literate to use our epos system, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel being essential.
The role is one where analytics, team playing and excellent communication are essential.
Assistant Merchandiser skills and experience required:
· Mathematical ability - to allocate stock to stores and analyse sales figures
· The ability to relate to the product and understand what the customer wants
· Sound business sense and negotiation skills
· The ability to work well in a team
· To be well organised and good at strategic planning
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills
· Creative flair
· The ability to cope with the pressure of fast-paced work alongside a great supportive team
· Advanced skills in MS Excel including advanced formulas