Team PA - Legal
A well regarded global investment management firm is seeking a super Legal Assistant to join their small legal team in their lovely new offices in central London.
The Legal Assistant will support the UK Legal and Compliance Team in our London office. The ideal candidate will be a reliable, highly motivated and capable team player with a strong desire to learn and an ability to work independently to handle a wide variety of administrative tasks and substantive projects for a small but busy team. N.B. this role is not suitable for a Paralegal or anyone looking for a training contract
* Answer multiple phone lines, take messages and email colleagues to notify them of missed calls.
* Open and circulate UK Legal and Compliance Team mail.
* Manage team calendars, schedule internal and external meetings/video conferences, mail and messenger documents. Interface with all levels of personnel across the Firm and with external parties.
* Handle high volume of documentation work, including editing, printing, collating and scanning. Draft and edit correspondence, memoranda and other documentation in Word and Adobe, work with Excel spreadsheets, create presentations in PowerPoint, run document comparisons, prepare and create structure charts.
* Prepare materials for meetings and ensure team arrives for meetings on time.
* Assist in the preparation of Corporate Governance meetings for London and Hong Kong.
* Liaise with reception/IT Helpdesk to determine where video-conference/meeting will be held, and advise colleagues accordingly.
* Prepare documentation for execution, obtain signatures from authorised signatories across the firm, co-ordinate countersignatures and handle delivery of final documentation.
* Save draft and final documentation to the document management system, dispose of or retain original documentation accordingly.
* Understand signing procedures, identify authorised signatories and prepare signing blocks.
* Arrange for documents to be certified and/or notarised as required.
* Update/maintain the UK and HK Compliance Calendars and ensure reminders are actioned.
* Follow up with the UK Legal Team to ensure that document review requests and restrictions are dealt with in a timely manner.
* Locate documents in iManage and circulate as requested.
* Maintain/update the Legal/Middle Office Account Documentation Request spreadsheet. Liaise with colleagues across the firm/counterparties to obtain updates regularly.
* Assist with account opening process of executing broker accounts.
* Maintain/update the UK Legal Document Review Request spreadsheet. Liaise with London colleagues to determine status and chase counterparties for updates.
* Perform RDC background checks and circulate results to the instructing colleague.
* Prepare AML checklists and collate associated documentation for Compliance.
* Make travel plans for colleagues, including the booking of flights and accommodation.
* Present invoices for approval by Legal Counsel and process approved invoices for payment.
* Responsible for document management, including electronic and physical files and updating reference binders where necessary.
* Creation and maintenance of precedent folders/riders.
* Maintenance/updating of the KYC profiles for London, HK and Irish entities
* Provide general assistance to the UK Legal and Compliance Team.
Hours: 8:30-6:00 pm, with flexibility to work overtime as needed
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
* Undergraduate degree or suitable professional qualification required
* Experience working within legal department in financial services or law firm; secretarial experience is ESSENTIAL
* Professional, friendly demeanor and strong interpersonal skills a must.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to recognize and handle sensitive information with a high degree of discretion.
* Strong computer skills are a requirement. Extensive experience with MS Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe, SharePoint, Document Management System (iManage), Document comparisons a plus.
* Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects in a demanding environment.
* Must be a team player who works well under pressure, demonstrates resourcefulness and follow-through and ability to independently conclude projects and assignments reliably.
* Must operate with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, complex business.
* Flexibility to work overtime is required.