Part-Time HR Officer - 12 Weeks Temp £16p.h
12 week Temporary part-time HR Officer role available in a Childrens Charity in Central London. The chosen candidate for the role will be responsible for managing the HR service for the charity, including HR advice, Support and information.
General Duties include;
- Provide advice and guidance to employees and managers dealing with short and long term sickness absences.
- Analyse and monitor sickness absence and performance information within the various and to find solutions to address these issues.
- To provide support and advice to managers in relation to grievance and disciplinary issues, ensuring that the Charity's policies are adhered to.
- Have overall responsibility for employee management information systems including or any future electronic recruitment or assessment tools.
- Undertake regular analysis of HR data in order to provide appropriate workforce data to enable decision making on people issues.
- Support finance team with the monthly payroll process
- Manage volunteering requests for teams across the charity
Recruitment, Selection & Induction Responcibilities;
- Advice on the compilation of Job Descriptions, person Specifications and advertisements ensuring consistency and equality in accordance with agreed Policies and Procedures.
- Conduct reference checks on possible candidates.
- Responsibility for filing system for all recruitment records including references and proof of entitlement to work in the UK.
- Ensure that all new starters have a formal induction.
Employee Relations Include;
- To provide advice on the formal consultation process, ensuring managers involve employees as appropriate, in respect of organisational change;
- To provide advice, to managers handling employee relations issues such as discipline, grievance, absence and capability ensuring timely, effective and fair outcomes are reached;
- To act as the HR representative at formal hearings and meetings.
- Ensure that job evaluations are handled efficiently and the process is transparent and consistent.
- Offer specialist support and advice on a range of HR topics including pay, retirement, and flexible working, linking in with other specialist services such as Payroll and Pensions.
- Interpret and advise on all contractual issues, terms and conditions of service, employment law and HR policies and procedures, especially with regard to new legislation which managers may be unfamiliar with
The right candidate will have;
- Knowledge of employment legislation, HR policies and procedures.
- Works to the highest standards, deals with conflicting demands and retains professionalism
- Knowledge of best practice facilitation and negotiating skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex data
- A highly effective and creative problem solver with the ability to make things happen
- Written communication - produces clear, well-structured written work that creates a positive impact on the recipients
- Oral communication - conveys messages effectively, creating a positive impact on the listener.
- Team working - demonstrates commitment to colleagues, team objectives and collaborative working opportunities.
- Negotiating Effectively - prepares and applies sound and persuasive arguments to secure positive outcomes from negotiations
- Analytical - identifies key issues, reflects on information and reaches logical conclusions
- Resilient - deals with conflicting demands and retains professionalism
- Delivering results - works hard, takes ownership of role and consistently meets or exceeds targets
Apply for Part-Time HR Officer - 12 Weeks Temp £16p.h
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly