Front of House Receptionist/Administrator
Are you a confident, approachable and well presented receptionist, who has amassed a wealth of experience being Front of House within a corporate environment for a number of years?
Are you naturally good with people and feel that building relationships is something which is of high priority to you? Would you describe yourself as someone who is a good communicator and can create a memorable experience from first impressions? If you are able to deliver a 5* level of customer service and can add that little extra something, then read on.
Are you currently in a role but looking for more responsibility and a step up, with the opportunity to work for an employer who not only provides you with the opportunity to develop new skills, but will also support you emotionally and encourage you to progress throughout your company? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
Our client is a small but growing Private equity firm who have been established for 2 years and are a team of experienced and professional Investment managers, who have many combined years working together. They have recently closed their first fund with great success.
They have strong values and are passionate about culture and the welfare of their employees. There is no hierarchy with everyone being treated as equal, working from newly renovated offices in Mayfair. Everyone who works within the company share the same DNA, in that they are all passionate about where they are going with the company and appreciate that as a small and growing organisation, roles adapt and change.
They are flexible, hard working and genuine and want to grow as a team and support each other. They all also uphold a strong work ethic, are pro-active and would love someone to join them, who feels they are the same. The ideal receptionist will be equally excited about what the future holds and will want to be part of a company, which they feel is creating a shift in the industry.
A huge element of the business is around building relationships, so your role will include supporting events and assisting in marketing. Experience not essential, but passion and enthusiasm is. It is a collaborative affair, so you will always be supported. They have lots of plans for the future and never short lots of ideas, so they would want you to help them implement and deliver on these.
Being self-motivated with a good eye for detail and being able to show initiative is really important. The offices are of a high spec, with lots of clients visiting for meetings and events on a regular basis. The ideal receptionist will be someone who takes pride in keeping the reception area and meeting rooms to a high standard and is able to take ownership and responsibility of it.
You won’t be sat on reception all the time, as you will have desk space in the office, but you will be required to be on reception when meetings are taking place and be the first point of call. It is essential that you are flexible in the mornings, due to some early morning meetings, but we will also be flexible with you in return.
This role could develop into a PA or office management role in time as the business grows and also depending on how you want to develop in your career. Having the combination of being happy in your role as a receptionist with varied tasks, whilst also being ambitious to progress in the future.
Key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Greeting visitors and clients and providing them with refreshments.
- Maintaining visitor records and monitoring security of all visitors to the offices.
- Ensuring meeting rooms are kept clean and tidy at all times and co-ordinating the provision of audio/visual equipment.
- Responsible for the operation of the switchboard and reviewing all incoming calls.
- Responsible for maintenance of the office, e.g. liaising with cleaners, plant displays, air con, facilities suppliers, phones etc. Management of all stationery, office supplies and kitchen provisions including food and beverages for breakfast and lunch meetings.
- Responsible for printer, photocopier and fax machine maintenance - ensuring printers are well stocked of paper and toner at all times.
- Responsible for the management of invoices - recording and logging all invoices Updating and maintaining all staff contact records.
- Management of all petty cash. Management of all post in and out of the organisation. Managing couriers and taxis.
- Assist with administrative tasks including printing, filing and data entry.
- Support the senior PA with administration support.
- Event administration for client entertainment. I.e: sourcing and confirming details.
- Marketing support to Directors in regards to events Completing expenses claims for members of the team.
- Microsoft office
- Front of house experience Ideally worked in Banking, Finance or Investment
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Salary: Neg on experience
Holiday: 25 days
Pension: 5% with 3% optional contribution
Healthcare: Full private healthcare