Legal PA - IMPT (Intellectual Property, Media & Technology)
We are looking for a Legal PA available in our IMPT (Intellectual Property, Media & Technology) practice. This role will be supporting a team of fee earners (Consultant, Counsel, Senior Associate, 2 Associates and trainee).
- Take ownership of enquiries, resolving or escalating (or identifying alternative contacts) as appropriate.
- Build an understanding of the nature of the fee earners' work, get to know their clients and build
relationships with them and the client PAs.
- Produce long, accurate complex house-style documents, manuscript amends, audio dictation and
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills, regularly act on own initiative, highlighting issues and
suggesting possible solutions.
- Organise and prioritise workload and keep a level-headed approach in a busy working environment.
- Actively source and share knowledge with others.
- Build a network of strong working relationships both internally and externally.
- Diary management - arranging meetings, conference calls, lunches etc.
- Taking accurate and detailed telephone messages.
- Accurate and regular maintenance of filing systems, e-filing, and archiving and retrieval of files from
store and opening new matter files.
- Provide cover for others in the team as requested.
- Preparing and producing bills, keeping accurate records of expenses/disbursements/fees for client
billing, liaising with billing department to monitor payment of fees and responding to internal and
external requests for back up documentation and further information.
- Organise travel arrangements (including flights, accommodation and restaurants) and providing the fee
earners with detailed itineraries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Self-motivated individual with a proactive approach.
- Keen to take ownership.
- Ability to think on one's feet to solve administrative problems, using support service departments as
- Client orientated approach - client focused both internally and externally.
- Willing to become involved with a desire to learn.
- Flexibility with overtime.
Skills and Experience
- Previous legal PA experience (preferably Employment).
- Excellent secretarial skills, fast accurate typing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong document production skills.
- Excellent organisational and administrative ability.
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality.
- Professional telephone manner, fielding calls where appropriate.
- Accurate typing at minimum 60 wpm net.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
For more information please contact Keeley Josling