Desktop Publisher/Graphic Designer
Desktop Publisher/Graphic Designer
9 Month FTC
£46,000 per annum
City of London
Our client who is a leading provider of financial, advisory, investment and funds management services are currently seeking a Desktop Publisher / Graphic designer to join their Marketing and Communications team based in the City of London. This is a fixed term contract commencing in September to cover a 9 month maternity leave within the team and with a view to be made permanent.
The successful candidate will provide desktop publishing and graphic design support to the deal teams and be responsible for the production of high quality marketing collateral that meets business requirements and is consistent with the company brand guidelines. The role requires someone with a high level of ability in both MS Office 2013 and Adobe CS5 packages with a creative approach to content layout and template design.
Some key responsibilities within this role will be as follows:
- Creating a wide range of presentations, pitch books, bid submissions, investment memorandums, proposals, invitations, flyers and brochures
- Creating new PowerPoint and Word templates for client presentations
- Providing advanced formatting support for PowerPoint and Word documents and Excel charting, including redesigning slides in PowerPoint with use of infographics
- Producing artwork from initial concept through to finished art from verbal or written brief
- Sourcing appropriate licensed imagery for relevant projects
- Tailoring pitch materials to specific client requirements or to convey key messages
- Assisting with branding projects (developing logos and template design)
- Upholding corporate branding to ensure consistency with style guide
- Workflow management/coordination with others in the team
- Creating and updating business materials and resources
- Assisting with general MS Office requests and template/document troubleshooting
- Maintaining DTP documents, training resources and photo libraries
- Creating conference ideas and concepts and producing the supporting collateral
- Assist with ad-hoc design and formatting requests not listed above as and when required
The desired candidate should have the following experience to be selected for interview:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007/2013 (PPT, Word, Excel)
- Experience developing and using templates within MS Office environment and Excel charting
- Advanced knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work efficiently under pressure and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail with a focus on quality and consistency
- Strong creative vision and knowledge of the principles of good design/layout
- Excellent problem solving ability and a quick learner who is able to work quickly and independently
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and build relationships with internal clients and colleagues within a finance, professional services or fast-paced corporate environment
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and are happy to work full time hours on a 12 month FTC basis, please send your CV to Gemma-Grima Brown today who is looking forward to hearing from you.
It is HYFs policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
HYF is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this contract vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
Apply for Desktop Publisher/Graphic Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly