Business/Private PA to Company Owner/MD
This role is Personal Assistant to the MD / Owner of the Company and will also be responsible for the line management of 3 PAs and the Travel Desk. The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced PA willing to focus on both private and business related duties, with experience in leading a team.
Spoken and written Spanish skills would be useful but are not essential.
The company has over 260 employees across 21 offices and offers varied & challenging careers opportunities in a variety of differing fields, including bunker trading, credit & risk management, finance & accounting and legal & compliance, amongst others. With offices in such a variety of locations and representation across all of the world’s key shipping, energy and trade finance centres, the company offers its employees a truly global business experience.
The Company’s support team is at the heart of the Company, being split between their commercial head office in Gibraltar and their centralised back office function in London. They currently have 2 PAs working in Gibraltar to support 3 Senior Management and have 1 PA and the Company Travel Desk based in London.
There is an expectation that the successful candidate will have a flexible attitude towards their working hours to fit with the schedule of the MD.
Hours: Standard Office Hours of 9am – 6pm, Mon to Fri. Out of office hours required on occasion and being on call 24/7
Salary: £55k - £60k+
Start Date: ASAP
Languages: Spoken and written Spanish is beneficial
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Diary management and arranging business & personal meetings.
- Management of the MD’s personal property, vehicles and yachts and other ad hoc items as requested
- Managing bank accounts, credit cards and expenses.
- Extensively researching and booking all aspects of personal & family travel with changing last minute
- Leading a small but efficient team, some remotely.
- Liaising with the Travel Desk to arrange all business travel.
- Personal shopping & researching items for the family.
- Coordinating regular events for the MD’s Sailing Team, including travel, events and merchandise.
- Working with PA’s and Travel Desk to ensure the smooth running of global annual company events.
- Other ad hoc tasks when required.
Candidates must be / have:
- Experience working as both a Private and Business focused Personal Assistant for HNWI is essential and experience of managing/supervising a team, or as a team leader would be advantageous.
- This a fast paced and varied role which means the ideal candidate will be extremely organised yet very flexible, with strong time management skills and the ability to pre-empt situations that might occur
- Clear thinker & problem solver with the ability to plan ahead while being flexible to making last minute
- Good team-working, with strong communication skills.
- The ability to build excellent working relationships across the business and within the family
- Good MS Office and general administration skills.
- Experience in an international, multi-cultural environment is an advantage
- Language skills: business fluent in English is essential, with Spanish language skills advantageous.
- They offer a relocation package that covers the cost of moving to Spain/Gibraltar