Claims Medical Advisor
The candidate will deal with customer queries with regards to their claims and will use their medical knowledge to decide if their claim is valid.
This well regarded Insurance Firm is based in Borehamwood. They are looking for a Medical Advisor who can deal with claims and access their validity.
This Medical Advisor for this Insurance Firm will be responsible for:
- Assessing and managing accident and sickness claims using your core medical knowledge
- Communicating with other medical professionals
- Summarising medical notes and recording the details for the claim to progress
- Making phone calls to claimants to discuss their medical condition(s) for payment authorisation
- Writing letters and medical reports
- Assessing and processing of medical claims, making payment to the claimants
- Preparation and arranging Independent Medical Examinations
- Acting as point of reference for the claims team.
This Medical Advisor candidate MUST be medically qualified or have worked in a medical role. They must have worked in a medical environment and must have knowledge of medical conditions and duration's. The candidate must have good communicative skills, be confident on the phone, be patient with customers and pay attention to detail. You must have good MS skills and proven letter writing skills.
This Medical Advisor will receive £24k per annum plus discretionary bonus and benefits