LEGAL SECRETARY / PA - Litigation
Experienced Legal Secretary/PA required to provide full and proactive support to the IP & IT disputes litigation team, with the goal of enabling the team to operate at optimum efficiency, with utmost confidence. The Legal Secretary must have experience of working for a disputes / litigation team along with, ideally, a range of experience across different practice groups. A strong teamwork ethic and proactive approach is key to this role, along with a willingness to assist with other general administration of the firm, for example answering the telephones, helping with events and seminars.
• PA assistance and diary management.
• Overseeing document management and production, bundling, disclosure, and know-how filing.
• Responsible for billing protocol.
• To prepare correspondence, legal and marketing documents (audio-typing and word processing) using
full Microsoft Office suite.
• Marketing planning and targeting involvement.
• Doc design assistance.
• Arranging meetings, dinners, client events and travel.
• Answering the telephone, screening calls, taking accurate messages and dealing with queries.
• Filing administration.
• Marketing Administration and maintaining CRM records.
• Preparing and submitting monthly expense claims.
• Providing assistance (when required) at onsite/offsite BD events.
• Taking minutes at group meetings and circulating to relevant people.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Unflappable temperament.
• Must show professionalism at all times.
• The ability to cope with numerous conflicting demands on time with the ability to delegate/call on the
assistance other members of the Secretarial team in order to meet deadlines.
• Must be confident and have a good sense of humour.
• Must use initiative at all times and be one step ahead so as “to do things before being asked”.
• Must have a flexible approach, being willing to work additional hours and take on additional
responsibilities when required.
• Must respect confidentiality when dealing with firm business.
• Must become familiar with the services offered by the firm and have the firm’s interests in mind at all
• Must demonstrate professional behaviour with colleagues and clients at all times.
• Must take responsibility for ensuring that requests are seen through to the end and must enlist the help
of colleagues in order to ensure that deadlines are met.
• Must participate fully as a team member, being willing to assist other members of the secretarial
team/other lawyers and colleagues at all times and relating to people in a friendly and professional way.
• Be willing to occasionally cover reception if required/when short-staffed.
• Must have excellent time-keeping and attendance record.
• Must become aware of the firm’s values and vision.
For more information please contact Jane Alexander