Legal Secretary - Corporate
We are looking for a Legal Secretary to join the Corporate Department on a 3 month Contract. You will enjoy a broad based role and are a strong PA / Secretary ideally with experience of working within a Law firm providing support at Partner or Director level.
• Diary management. Anticipating and managing all areas of diaries
• E-mail management, checking prioritising and summarising e-mails on a daily basis. Reporting on and
creating action points.
• Time management – ensuring fee earners time and narratives are inputted daily.
• Drafting correspondence as required
• Comprehensive travel arrangements. Sourcing and booking hotels and transport.
• Establishing own administrative systems
• Efficiently managing own workload and being proactive with the ability to work on own initiative
• Becoming adept at proof reading and quality checks on all work produced
• Building good working relationships with colleagues
• Establishing rapport with clients
• Becoming familiar with legal terminology of practice area
• Establishing relationships with clients and anticipating their needs
• Understanding firm’s culture and goals
• Organises document management, including opening files, archiving and ensures that all relevant
documents are filed electronically and paper-based, as required;
• Demonstrates an understanding of the end-to-end billing process and Elite (Financial System). Assisting
the lawyers by liaising with billing team, producing the relevant documentation; and
• Assisting across practice groups/teams whenever he/she has spare capacity/as required.
• Undertaking typing as required either via dictation or by marked up handwritten changes.
• Strong PA/secretarial background at partner or director level
• Advanced level written and verbal skills
• 70 wpm typing skills
• Good understanding of Microsoft Office
• Skills & Knowledge
• Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Document management system
• Positive attitude with a practical, common sense approach; resilient
• Audio and copy typing
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Drafting documents autonomously
• Fee/Billing Management
• Ability to deal effectively with difficult people
• Confident with excellent communication skills, ability to relate to people at all levels
• Ability to prioritise tasks and remain calm when working under pressure
• Excellent attention to detail
• General office systems, i.e. filing
For more information please contact Jane Alexander
Apply for Legal Secretary
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly