Secretarial Team Leader
We have a fantastic opportunity for a secretarial team leader working for a large international law firm with beautiful offices in the heart of London. The team leader will be given the freedom to work among a variety of different sectors amongst the business giving the candidate a huge progressive step in their career. You will be working closely with the secretarial team manager and overseeing and managing 25+ secretaries/ support staff.
The firm are currently looking for somebody with previous managerial experience, who is a hardworking, enthusiastic individual that shows good patience and exceptional motivational skills. You need to be willing to help assist those around you and hit the ground running in your new role.
- Understanding the dynamics of individual working relationships and practices through the day to day management of respective allocation.
- Main point of contact between allocated secretaries and team assistant(s), and SSM providing regular updates on all staff movements and developments.
- Coordinating, monitoring and managing holiday and absence of all allocated secretaries and team assistant(s)
- Understand the firm's sickness policy and informally tackle recurring sickness absence, conducting return to work interviews where appropriate. Escalate more serious cases to SSM.
- Regularly liaise with fee earners and partners for feedback on individual performance and output.
- Assist the SSM with annual Talent Review discussions, making a case for rising stars and succession planning.
- Assisting with the recruitment, induction and training of new/replacement secretaries or team assistant(s).
- Assisting the business services functions when required to, provide feedback on various processes, procedures, training and other development initiatives.
- Ensuring high levels of confidentiality are maintained with all employee relations matters.
- Working with line managers to tackle underperformers using clear objective setting and regular monitoring, escalating more serious issues to SSM and HR.
- Proactive – ability to anticipate and plan ahead.
- Enthusiasm and resilience to cope with a challenging and busy role
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Good general business awareness.
- Identifying the need to deal with differing personal circumstances in an empathetic and sensitive manner.
- Evidence of managing conflict situations with a discrete, diplomatic and professional attitude
- Proven track record of influencing and managing people effectively
- Ability to gain trust and respect of all stakeholders including secretaries, team assistant(s), fee earners and departmental heads.
To apply, please click on the button and send your Cover Note/CV with your contact details to Jo Benson.
**For our application policy please view Career Legal's company information page on our website. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is celebrating its 24th successive year in legal recruiting for the legal community across London and throughout the UK. Specific legal divisions cover full spectrum of legal recruitment on a permanent, contract and temporary basis. Specialist Legal Recruitment consultants with many years proven experience cover Legal Professional Services, Legal Business Support and Legal Office Support areas. Career Legal is known for being the legal recruiter of choice for: Lawyers, Legal Risk & Compliance, Legal Patent & Trademark, Legal Accounting, Legal Human Resources, Legal Marketing & Business Development, Legal Facilities Management, Paralegal, Legal DP & Creative Services, Legal Facilities & Office Support, Front of House and Legal Secretarial Personnel including Legal PA’s.
Apply for Secretarial Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly