Head of HR - Financial Brokerage
Head of HR – Financial Brokerage
City of London
£70,000 to £100,000
My client a leading financial brokerage based in the City of London are looking for a pro-active Head of HR to provide a full HR generalist service. You will work with the HR team of 20 to drive HR initiatives and provide efficient day-to-day HR support to the business.
They are looking for someone who has gained their HR experience from a fast paced and demanding organisation ideally within the trading or banking sector.
To ensure delivery of excellent service through:
- Providing HR support to the business unit on a day to day basis, in line with overall strategy & guidelines and using the relevant tools and processes.
- Managing the direction and implementation of HR projects (when required)
- Maintaining awareness and support of the business policies and procedures
- Delivery of key HR processes into the business in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring legal compliance and alignment with current policy and overall strategic direction
- Providing best practice support to managers in areas such as employee relations, performance management, employee development, resource planning etc.
- Maintaining accurate employee records in the HR systems and following the necessary administrative processes throughout the employee lifecycle
- Providing valuable data analytics & insight to the leadership team
- Supporting and managing change
- Line managing of HR team
- Managing and monitoring compliance against Corporate and UK requirements
- To support functional managers to successfully implement the business strategy
- To ensure provision of up to date and compliant terms and conditions of employment including upkeep of records and input of data into current HR systems
- To ensure smooth assimilation of new starters into the business via induction, probationary training and reviews through to establishment of permanent employee induction programme.
- To oversee payroll cycle with HR Advisor & Assistant
- To facilitate the implementation of relevant employee life-cycle processes in support of performance management/development.
- To monitor and manage key performance indicators such as absence and retention figures and to assist managers in the implementation of necessary corrective action.
- To coach, advise and support managers in all areas of effective people management, and ensure legal compliance regarding disciplinary/ grievance/redundancy situations.
- To provide input into the creation of overall HR policy and process and to deliver fair and consistent judgements in line with current conventions.
- To ensure timely and accurate delivery of all HR reporting requirements.