Senior Event Manager - national association
A leading national association operating across the UK is seeking a Senior Event Manager to join a team of five across the marketing and events function to both lead and provide support to their full programme of events and conferences.
This organisation is look to recruit a self motivated individual with experience of managing budgets, ROI and extensively mapping out all events. This will include arranging an annual conference for 250 people. Reporting directly into the CEO, you will relish the chance of fully utilising your recent and demonstrable experience of managing a range of events from start to finish with 100% accountability. As you will be line managing the team, exposure to running reviews and appraisals is vital to ensure consistency across the team. The role will be incredibly varied and allow you to make full use of your recent experience of working in a similar role within ideally an association setting or within legal/financial services.
Duties will include:
- Full speaker and production management of the annual conference liaising with high profile speakers and committees.
- Overseeing the expenditure for all events including reporting on financial performance, delegate numbers and having ideas to hand at all times to manage all eventualities
- Agreeing the national training programme and developing the programme of events liaising with all relevant parties
- Approving all training and marketing materials, liaising with graphic designers to ensure templates are up-to-date
- Providing on site support for conferences across the UK
You are looking at using your recent and demonstrable experience gained within managing both people and events and to showcase your ability to juggle several demands at one time. You understand the need to work with all stakeholders using your immaculate communication skills that enjoys working in a close kit team where everyone pulls together.
You build relationships easily and enjoy working with people and are able to present your thoughts in a confident and professional manner. Strong organisational experience, a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent attention to detail will be important requirements as will a current working knowledge of budgets, invoices and contracts.
Benefits include a 35 hour week and generous annual leave following successful completion of your probationary period.
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance. Thank you for your interest in Tay Associates. If you are already registered with Tay Associates, please express your interest in this role to your consultant.