Bid Coordinator/ Team Administrator | Design and build | Egham, Surrey
General purpose of role:
To provide administrative support to the Area Regions Corporate Accounts teams.
Working with the team to update the Pitch Document by using the templates within InDesign and sometimes Powerpoint. This will involve changing images relevant to the pitch, including the text as directed by the sales team, and importing costs, often from Excel, from the Pre Construction Managers.
Following the first draft of the document, this will be reviewed by the teams involved in the pitch and any necessary changes made.
Working with the team on tender documents and pre-qualification questionnaires, help to keep deadlines and collate information to be sent out to mechanical and electrical sub-contractors.
This role is responsible for creating PRF’s (Prospect registration forms). Sales send an email to the Sales Support Administrator with an issue number. From this the Administrator creates the PRF.
OPERATIONAL & MAINTENANCE MANUALS (O&M)
The Sales Support Administrator is responsible for updating the O&M manuals at the end of each project.
The Contracts team will issue a sheet to the Sales Support Administrator containing information from sub-contractors for each section of the job.
The Sales Support Administrator will have to liaise with project designers, sub-contractors, building control, H&S consultants for outstanding information, and enter this in to O&M manual, following the correct document structure. This is also then saved on to a disc.
SITE SET UP PACKS
The Sales support Administrator is responsible for creating site set up packs consisting of a health and safety file, site manager file and an environmental package.
The Sales Support Administrator will issue meeting agendas for and be required to attend weekly sales meetings to type up minutes, populate spread sheet and circulate to team.
- Answering phone and emails.
- Monitor and maintain electronic and paper filing system
- Diary management for Director and team
- Extensive sub-contractor and client liaison by phone and email
- Organise events
- Assist Marketing department with information for case studies upon project completion.
- Monitoring the HP Tracker (data entry).
- Raise purchase orders for Project Managers.
- Complete certificates at project conclusion
- Produce schedule of site conditions, snagging lists, progress reports.
- Booking flights and hotels; analysing cheapest option
- Arranging meetings, booking meeting rooms
- Supporting Site Managers with various admin
Professional Skills & Experience:
- Ability to demonstrate a strong background in administration ideally within the Construction industry.
- Experience of producing presentation documents preferable.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and InDesign essential.
- Possess good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Service minded and professional approach.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment, coping well with working with strict deadlines.
- Good typing skills, use of audio equipment for typing minutes preferable.
- Flexible and proactive problem solver using their own initiative
- Tenacious and confident
- Calm when under pressure
- Great attention to detail and good organisational skills
- Good at prioritising workload
Standard working hours are 9am-5.30pm Monday-Friday. However due to the nature of the role, the jobholder should be flexible and expect to sometimes work additional hours to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary c. £25,000 neg. depending on experience
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Excellent benefits package (pension, private medical insurance, life & disability insurance)
- Ancillary benefits: computer, expenses account
- 25 days holiday (including the 3 days between Christmas and New Year) and bank holidays.