Post Room and Maintenance Assistant
7 days left
- Full Time
£17,000 to £18,000pa
Are you looking for that first step in your career?
Do you want to work for a reputable firm?
Are you ready to work in the City?
Our client, a top 25 Accountancy firm based in the City, is looking for a Post Room and Maintenance Assistant to join their team. Customer service experience and some experience within an office environment would be beneficial as you will be providing an efficient post room service to the firm and also assisting the facilities team.
- Greet couriers, sign for the packages, log, notify the recipients of their arrival and ensure they are safely handed over and signed for.
- Accept deliveries and ensure they are either delivered to the correct team or carefully put away. In the case of stationery deliveries, these should be unpacked and checked against orders before being delivered.
- Unload and sort incoming post into teams’ pigeonholes, opening envelopes as appropriate.
- Keep the General Office tidy and report any faults or problems with equipment, and to contact suppliers about repairs as required.
- Assist the House Services Officer with collecting outgoing post from team trays if needed, and collect it in their absence.
- Frank all outgoing post and bag it up in time for the daily collection and log and frank all outgoing registered or Special Delivery post.
- Make a note of postal price changes and rule changes and raise any potential issues.
- Consumables for the franking machine and top up accounts as appropriate.
- Learn the fire evacuation and other health and safety processes and be aware of and informed about dealing with potential risks such as suspect packages.
- Learn how to use the binding/laminating/copying equipment.
- At times of need, help with data entry, in particular making entries into our archive index, stock checking, and other tasks that the Facilities Manager or other members of the team may need to delegate.
Please email your CV to Surekha Gilroy!
Due to the high level of response, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Post Room and Maintenance Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly