Legal Secretary in Disputes
Our Client, a top tier international Law firm, are looking for an extremely organised and proactive secretary to provide a high level of professional support to their allocated Fee Earners as well as other members of the Department. The candidate will be experienced in their specialist area but will be expected to be flexible to cover the broader remit of the Department. They will be highly motivated, display outstanding attention to detail and have the ability to multitask with ease. It is essential that they are a strong team player with a positive, up-beat approach.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Effective and proactive diary management, and awareness of Fee Earners' workloads to plan ahead, with minimal supervision
- Processes relevant applications, forms or searches, with minimal supervision
- Maintains effective communications with clients and Fee Earners
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of Fee Earners' matters
- Researches new clients/contacts and prepares bios before meetings, and conducts basic research
- Arranges travel and any other activities on behalf of others
- Provides excellent service to clients, both internal and external, in a timely and professional manner
- Acts as a first point of contact for Fee Earners
- Organises business development meetings and events for Fee Earners,
- Assists in the production of business development materials in liaison with the Marketing team
- Creates typed work of a high quality, formatting in accordance with house style
- Creates new documents from the Firm’s templates, using contact data from InterAction where appropriate
- Proof-reads all documents for spelling, grammar and sense, querying wording where appropriate
- Proactively uses initiative to compose and send correspondence on behalf of Fee Earners
- Prepares bills (including bill narratives)
- Carries out conflict searches and correctly identifies the work type
Skills and Experience
- Previous secretarial experience in a law firm essential
- Has excellent timekeeping and prioritises work effectively
- Is flexible, reliable, co-operative and has a professional approach to work
- Works as a positive, friendly and helpful team player
- Communicates in a positive and constructive manner
- Interacts in good faith and demonstrates effective listening
To apply, please click on the button and send your Cover Note/CV with your contact details to Kelly Whelan now!
**For our application policy please view Career Legal's company information page on our website. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is celebrating its 24th successive year in legal recruiting for the legal community across London and throughout the UK. Specific legal divisions cover full spectrum of legal recruitment on a permanent, contract and temporary basis. Specialist Legal Recruitment consultants with many years proven experience cover Legal Professional Services, Legal Business Support and Legal Office Support areas. Career Legal is known for being the legal recruiter of choice for: Lawyers, Legal Risk & Compliance, Legal Patent & Trademark, Legal Accounting, Legal Human Resources, Legal Marketing & Business Development, Legal Facilities Management, Paralegal, Legal DP & Creative Services, Legal Facilities & Office Support, Front of House and Legal Secretarial Personnel including Legal PA’s.
Apply for Legal Secretary in Disputes
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly