Sales and Events Coordinator
Our client a Social Enterprise company is looking to recruit a Sales and Events Coordinator. This is a permanent role to start ASAP.
This role would suit someone with previous Sales and Events coordinator experience, preferably in a conference environment or with hospitality/hotel/venue/wedding background.
The main duties are:
- Responding to all incoming sales enquiries
- Conducting show rounds to convert enquiries into bookings
- Maintain regular contact with active clients to encourage repeat business
- Maintain and grow the sales contact database
- Promote the conference facilities to new and existing clients
- Liaising with clients to ensure that all aspects of their events are understood
- Liaising with external suppliers where necessary to deliver the event as required
- Ensure all information relating to an event is promptly recorded on the booking system
- Keep the booking system updated with all charges, amendments and changes to allow accurate and prompt invoicing
- Maintain regular contact with clients to achieve an overall client/customer satisfaction
- Contract bookings in timely manner and ensure that clients meet all agreed deadlines
- Other duties include, recording the progress of all enquiries and prepare reports
- Effectively communicate sales and events information to internal stakeholders
- Ensure records of correspondence and other documentation is filed
- Provide cover and support for other members of the commercial team when required
The successful candidate will be qualified to degree level or equivalent and have extensive experience in a busy sales environment preferably in conference business. You need to have a proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets, excellent customer service and relationship management skills and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You need to be highly organised, have excellent time management and planning skills, excellent negotiation skills, able to manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines and have good knowledge of all Microsoft packages.
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This is a fantastic opportunity, apply now!