PA - Psychology Management Consultancy
Founded in 1990, they are a leadership consulting firm, comprised primarily of consultants with backgrounds in psychology and the behavioural sciences, working with organisations to unlock the power of their people. They now have over 100 consultants operating from 18 international offices.
A 2:1 degree and strong A-levels (A/B grades only) is absolutely essential.
Job function: The role of PA is to assist consultants to meet client needs by organising consultants' activities; providing first-class secretarial support to consultants wherever possible and dealing with clients directly.
The role is a true guardian of the diary who will be happy to work in an exceptionally fast paced environment. Project work will be around 30% of this role and you will be expected to manage smaller projects and deal directly with clients.
The PA will be working with three consultants - the challenge here will be managing their time, you will need to push back and not allow their diaries to be fully booked all day every day - this element will require exceedingly good prioritisation.
- Complex diary management and scheduling, working to tight deadlines across multiple geographies
- Liaising with senior-level clients
- Managing emails and fielding calls and other enquiries for consultants
- Organising travel
- Typing (audio)
- Proof reading
- Creating presentations; editing and preparing materials for client use
- May be required to manage smaller clients / projects. Typical activities might include: scheduling clients appointments according to project plans; attendance at client meetings, taking minutes where required; tracking, monitoring and reporting on all aspects of the project; checking invoices and Purchase Order numbers; marking psychometrics, etc.
They attract people who are naturally extrovert and can be comfortable with ambiguity and are NOT process driven. You will need to be fluid in you approach and not tied to doing things in a set way time after time.
The swan metaphor - let your consultant/Director think that all is serene and calm even if you are absolutely manic under the surface.