Reservations & Switchboard Agent
Portico is growing – be part of it!
Portico is a specialist provider of high quality, tailored front and back of house guest services.
Aimed primarily at the corporate and residential industry, we have over 10 years of experience managing, mobilising, and developing client services and our fully managed services include administration, reception, concierge, client meeting rooms and events, switchboard, helpdesk and other ‘soft’ services.
Do you have excellent communication skills, a passion for great service and a desire to excel? Portico can offer you a passport to a fulfilling and highly rewarding career in front of house services. We currently have a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join our team based in Canary Wharf.
Canary Wharf is a beautiful and modern part of London, with its iconic skyline as an integral part of London’s landscape. Canary Wharf is a major business district located in East London. It is one of the UK’s main financial centres.
The warm welcome from our team determines the first impressions clients and visitors have of our clients’ business. The role of the reception / switchboard and advanced reservations is to ensure that you provide the highest level of client care and personal service to all stakeholders in the clients business which includes visitors, clients and internal stakeholders.
- Handle all incoming telephone calls / enquiries promptly giving a warm, courteous welcome and using the agreed salutation for Reception, Switchboard and Advanced Reservations for Canary Wharf Group Management.
- Ensure that all future bookings and on the day meeting room bookings / queries / changes and requests are dealt with promptly, in a courteous manner and communicated effectively to the correct offices and business areas.
- Be reliable, flexible, honest and a strong advocate for Portico and the Client.
- At all times ensure you provide a consistent customer focused service.
- Anticipate client needs and follow up with clients to ensure that client expectations are met and where possible exceeded.
- Handle client and visitor queries and supply relevant information to them.
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly around FOH standards
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a reservations or switch board based role
- Ideally experience within the corporate environment
- Fluency in English in both verbal and written communication
Due to high volumes, unfortunately we are unable to respond to every application. If you have not received a response within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.