Executive Assistant to the Director
1 day left
- Full Time
Executive Assistant to the Director General
10-12 months maternity cover contract, starting 1st November.
£41,000 per annum
Hours - 8.30am-5pm
To provide comprehensive EA support to the Director-General, working within a small Executive Office team to support the senior management team. The role requires an individual who has a calming, organising influence through always being on top of things and who can combine rigorous attention to detail and efficiency, with first class judgement and interpersonal skills to work effectively with colleagues and senior external contacts.
- Managing a hectic and complex diary, requiring sound judgement on prioritising meetings and making most effective use of DG’s time in line with priorities.
- Extensive work with membership Cluster to identify and arrange all major member retention meetings and major target meetings.
- Work closely with the Special Adviser to the Director-General in identifying the political list of meetings, their order of priority and follow up with the relevant offices in securing the meetings.
- Being the ‘front line’ contact point for all enquiries to the Director-General, including from senior business and government contacts, requiring a “firm but friendly” approach.
- Providing excellent internal liaison with relevant colleagues across the business to ensure high levels of awareness and forward planning for meetings, speeches, regional and international visits.
- Managing the ‘bring forward’ system for all future diary commitments.
- Managing the weekly ‘DG briefing pack’ to ensure that all necessary briefings, background information and logistics for all diary commitments over the next working week are delivered in a timely manner.
- Booking all travel for the DG, including rail, air, visas, currency, liaising and managing DG’s Chauffeur.
- Processing expense claims.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
- Delivering attention to detail and accuracy in all areas of work consistently over a sustained period of time, underpinned by strong organisational skills, systems and process efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal skills to provide a “firm but friendly” external interface to the Director-General.
- Consistently making good judgements on prioritising the DG’s time.
- Build a strong personal rapport with the DG, based on reliability and trust
- Demonstrating strong team-working skills to ensure the Executive Office team works effectively as a unit, including through promoting knowledge sharing and a willingness to provide mutual support across the team as required.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.
Apply for Executive Assistant to the Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly